Johannesburg, Thursday 10 November 2016 – Brand South Africa will this week launch a digital campaign under the banner ”No Excuses’ in support of the annual global 16 Days for No Violence Against Women and Children.Brand South Africa calls on all citizens to support the campaign by wearing a white ribbon during the 16-day period to symbolise their pledge to not commit or condone violence against women or children.Commemorated annually, the 16 Days of No Violence Against Women and Children, aims to raise awareness of the negative impact that violence and abuse have on women and children and the country as a whole. It further aims to encourage people to stop violence against women and childrenBrand South Africa’s GM for Marketing, Ms Sithembile Ntomebla said: “The 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children campaign challenges South Africans to declare a truce on violence against women and children – and, ultimately, turn this into 365 days of non-violence against women and children.”The global campaign which runs from 25 November – International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Children through to International Human Rights Day on 10 December, is premised on these specific dates to emphasise the links between ending gender-based violence and human rights principles. This period includes International Aids Day to raise awareness of how HIV and Aids impacts on the lives of women and children.The 16 Days on No Violence against Women and Children finds expression in South Africa’s Constitution and other policies which call on all stakeholders to play their part to create a society characterised by equity and fairness for women, children and other vulnerable groups.“It is the responsibility of government, business, civil society organisations, faith-based organisations, communities and the media to drive to increase awareness of the negative impact of violence and abuse on women and children, and speak out against woman and child abuse,” added Ms Ntombela.The campaign also aims to challenge the perpetrators of violence to change their behaviour, involve men in helping to eradicate violence, as well as provide survivors with information on services and organisations that can help lessen the impact of violence on their lives.For more information on how to participate in the campaign, follow the conversation on #NoExcuses.Notes to the EditorAbout Brand South AfricaBrand South Africa is the official marketing agency of South Africa, with a mandate to build the country’s brand reputation, in order to improve its global competitiveness. Its aim is also to build pride and patriotism among South Africans, in order to contribute to social cohesion and nation brand ambassadorship.About Play Your PartPlay Your Part is a nationwide programme created to inspire, empower and celebrate active citizenship in South Africa. It aims to lift the spirit of our nation by inspiring all South Africans to contribute to positive change, become involved and start doing. A nation of people who care deeply for one another and the environment in which they live is good for everyone.Play Your Part is aimed at all South Africans – from corporates and individuals, NGOs and government, churches and schools, from the young to the not-so-young. It aims to encourage South Africans to use some of their time, money, skills or goods to contribute to a better future for all.
Over 17,260 farmers in Uttar Pradesh have received loan waiver certificates for only ₹1,000 or less under a scheme in which the BJP government had promised to waive farm loans of up to ₹1 lakh.Of the 17,262 farmers, 4,814 got loan waivers of amounts between ₹1 and ₹100, while 6,895 received waivers of amounts between ₹100 and ₹500 and another 5,553 got waivers between ₹500 and ₹1,000.Under the first phase of its farm loan waiver scheme, the BJP government said it had so far distributed loan waiver certificates amounting to ₹7,371 crore of more than 11.93 lakh farmers in the State.According to a statement issued by the government, 41,690 farmers have received loan waiver certificates of ₹1,000-10,000 while the largest chunk, 11.28 lakh farmers, received waiver certificates of more than ₹10,000 each.The government was forced to issue a clarification after criticism that some farmers received loan waiver certificates of inconsequential amounts under the loan waiver scheme.A farmer in Hamirpur’s Maudaha tehsil, Shanti, was shocked to receive a loan waiver certificate of ₹10.37 even though she had a debt of more than ₹50,000.Some farmers also reportedly received waiver certificates of less than ₹1, provoking the Samajwadi Party to accuse the Yogi Adityanath government of “cheating and humiliating” farmers.SP spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said that by “waiving off just Rs 3 of farmers with loans of Rs 1 lakh the BJP government had cheated farmers.”‘It’s interest component’Pressed to explain the low amounts of loan waiver in some certificates, the government issued a vague clarification. It said that apart from the loans, the interest outstanding too had been waived. “Due to this, in some cases the amount reflected is extremely low,” the government said.Fulfilling its election manifesto promise, the BJP government, in its first Cabinet meeting in April this year, had decided to waive farm loans, up to Rs. 1 lakh, of small and marginalised farmers.Along with the Rs 30,729 crore cost of the loan waiver, the government would settle around Rs 6000 crore of NPA of seven lakh small and marginalised farmers, to whom the banks had stopped issuing loans, through a one-time payment.
Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 19, 2017 – The shipwrecked, MV Mega One Triton is in its last days on Governor’s Beach in Grand Turk as the consultant’s report on how to move the vessel is in says Tourism Minister, Hon Ralph Higgs. The Minister said the UK funded consultation with CWaves will continue into the tender process for a collaboration that will see the cargo boat, grounded in Grand Turk since Superstorm Sandy of 2012, removed safely from the beach.Minister Higgs said in a news release that: “I am grateful for the assistance of CWaves and their input which will help with the removal of Mega One Triton, which has become unsightly on one of our most popular beaches over the years. My Government stands firm on seeing the removal of this impediment in a timely manner.” While the boat has now become a habitat, one of the most photographed attractions in Grand Turk and even an exploratory site for some residents, the Minister is warning of the danger of entering the huge ship which is badly deteriorated and still with hazardous materials on board.In December, the former PNP Administration had announced that the tender contract was awarded for the removal of the MV Mega One Triton, there is no word on what happened to that contract. It had been a personal push for Grand Turk South MP, now Health Minister, Hon Edwin Astwood, to see the eyesore gone from the famous Grand Turk beach. Recommended for you Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force #MagneticNewsMedia #MVMegaGrandTurk Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia, #MVMegaGrandTurk
According to Mauro Icardi’s agent and wife, the Argentinean player is not near signing an extension to his Inter Milan contract.There have been some rumors that Internazionale Milan footballer Mauro Icardi might leave the Italian Lega Serie A team.And today his agent and wife Wanda Nara spoke to the press about what his future looks like.“The renewal of Icardi with Inter is very far away today. We are far from reaching an agreement, we have not yet received a satisfactory proposal from Inter”, Nara was quoted by Calcio Mercato.Capello calls Lukaku “a modern striker” Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The former Italian manager believes Romelu Lukaku is perfectly suited for Antonio Conte’s Internazionale Milan in the Serie A.“I do not deny that at any moment we can reach an agreement, but today we are very far.”“It is not logical to renew the contract for the amount of money that Mauro already earns. We believe that Mauro deserves more,” she added.“There are very important clubs interested in Mauro, the two most important clubs in Spain, with whom we have excellent relationships, plus an English and a French team”.
During the first quarter, BusinessWeek’s ad pages were down 19.4 percent over the same period in 2007, and ad revenues dropped 15.5 percent to $53.9 million, according to the Publishers Information Bureau.Revenues at McGraw-Hill’s education division stayed flat at $330.2 million while revenues for its financial services division—which includes the Standard & Poor’s brand—declined 11.6 percent to $644.3 million. Revenue at Standard & Poor’s Credit Market Services dropped 21.6 percent during the quarter to $427.3 million while Standard & Poor’s Investment Services group increased 18 percent to $217 million. BusinessWeek parent the McGraw-Hill Companies today reported its earnings for the first quarter, with overall revenues dropping 6.1 percent over the same period in 2007, totaling $1.2 billion. Income from operations was down 36.4 percent to $147.6 million. Net income for the quarter was down 43.6 percent to $81.1 million.Revenues for McGraw-Hill’s Information & Media division were $243.4 million, up 3.2 percent this quarter over the same period last year. In that division, the business-to-business group—which includes BusinessWeek and Aviation Week magazines, as well as J.D. Power and Associates and Platts news service—revenues increased 3.5 percent to $219.7 million.According to chairman, president and CEO Harold McGraw III, strong “demand in the energy markets for Platts’ news and pricing services and growth in the Asia-Pacific region for J.D. Powers’ research services were they key drivers in the Business-to-Business group’s first quarter performance.”
Dan Cohen AUTHOR With plans to add more than 25,000 sailors and 46 ships over the next five years, the Navy plans to increase financial incentives to bolster retention and recruitment, and adjust advancement policies to stem attrition. The service’s end strength, which now stands at 319,400, is slated to reach 344,800 sailors by the end of fiscal 2023, under the administration’s new budget request. Navy staffing hasn’t been that large since 2006, when it finished the year with about 350,000 personnel, reports Navy Times. The service’s target end strength could surpass 350,000 if Congress finds a way to fund the Navy’s long-term goal of a 350-plus-ship fleet, Vice Adm. Robert Burke, chief of naval personnel, told lawmakers last week. … Meanwhile, lawmakers criticized the administration’s 30-year shipbuilding plan, which calls for expanding the fleet from its current level of 280 ships to 355 by sometime in the 2050s, reported Military.com. The Navy’s plan “falls well short” of what the service needs, Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.), chairman of the House Armed Services’ Seapower and Projection Forces Subcommittee, said last week. The Navy’s goal of reaching a 355-ship fleet within 30 years should be considered a floor, Wittman said.Navy photo by 2nd Class Sabrina Fine
Christian Music Executive Bill Hearn Dies At 58 Twitter Email News Remembering Bill Hearn, Christian Music Maestro christian-music-executive-bill-hearn-dies-58 Facebook Capitol Christian Music Group leader helped develop the modern Christian and gospel genresPhilip MerrillGRAMMYs Dec 12, 2017 – 1:16 pm On Dec. 10 Bill Hearn, chairman/CEO of Capitol Christian Music Group, died in Nashville, Tenn., from cancer. He was 58 years old.The son of Billy Rae Hearn, Bill Hearn got his start in the industry with Sparrow Records. During his career, he worked with Christian artists such as Kirk Franklin, Tasha Cobbs, Tye Tribbett, Amy Grant, Mandisa, Matt Redman, and TobyMac before assuming the same role his father held at Capitol Christian Music Group.Hearn’s producing efforts earned Hearn two GRAMMYs during his career, first for 1995 for his contributions to Amazing Grace — A Country Salute To Gospel for Best Southern Gospel, Country Gospel Or Bluegrass Gospel and again for 2009 for his work on the collection Oh Happy Day, which earned Best Traditional Gospel Album.In 2015 he was honored with the T.J. Martell Foundation’s Frances Preston Lifetime Music Industry Achievement Award.A great friend to the Recording Academy, Hearn served the organization as a past Trustee.”Following in the footsteps of his late father Billy Ray, Hearn played an essential role in the formation of the renowned Christian music company — Capitol Christian Music Group,” said Recording Academy President/CEO Neil Portnow. “Hearn will not only be remembered for his impressive list of achievements, but for his philanthropic efforts, kind spirit and commitment to his craft.”Hillary Scott on GRAMMYs, God, Family, ‘Love Remains’Read more
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Memorial Library is collaborating with The Career Place in Woburn to bring weekly job help meetings to the library.The library’s Wilmington Networkers group has meet for four years on a biweekly basis but now will meet every Monday at 10 a.m. with staff from The Career Place leading many of the sessions.Anyone who is looking for work or is contemplating a job change is welcome to attend. All meetings focus on an aspect of the job search process and usually feature a speaker or trainer.Upcoming meetings include “Ask a Career Counselor” (arrive prepared with questions) on Monday, September 17 and “How to Develop a Professional Network” on Monday, September 24.For a listing of all fall events, visit the library’s website at http://wilmlibrary.org. For questions, email Assistant Library Director Charlotte Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.The Career Place in Woburn is one of the many state career centers that helps individuals assess their skill levels and interests, find and apply for jobs, or enter education and training programs. They offer employment workshops, computer skills workshops, on-site employment interviews, and job fairs.In late September, The Career Place will change its name to The MassHire Metro North Career Center as part of a rebranding effort to bring unity to the Massachusetts Workforce Development System.(NOTE: The above press release is from the Wilmington Memorial Library.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedLIBRARY LINEUP: Wildwood Cemetery Stroll Set For September 21In “Community”LIBRARY LINEUP: FREE Bach, Beethoven, & Brahams Concert On Sept. 12In “Community”Wilmington Book Club Listings — July 2019In “Community”
Classified documents that the heads of four US intelligence agencies presented last week to president-elect Donald Trump included claims that Russian intelligence operatives have compromising information about him, two US officials said Tuesday evening.They told Reuters the claims, which one called “unsubstantiated,” were contained in a two-page memo appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election that US intelligence officials presented to Trump and president Barack Obama last week.Trump responded on Tuesday evening in a tweet calling the reports: “FAKE NEWS – A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!” The Trump transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. One of the officials, both of whom requested anonymity to discuss classified matters, said the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other US agencies are continuing to investigate the credibility and accuracy of the claims.They are included in opposition research reports made available last year to Democrats and US officials by a former British intelligence official, most of whose past work US officials consider credible.The official said investigators so far have been unable to confirm the material about Trump financial and personal entanglements with Russian businessmen and others whom US intelligence analysts have concluded are Russian intelligence officers or working on behalf of Russian intelligence. Some material in the reports produced by the former British intelligence officer has proved to be erroneous, the official said.The FBI declined comment.SURFACED LAST YEARThe charges that Russia attempted to compromise New York real estate businessman Trump were presented to the FBI and other US government officials last summer and have been circulating for months.The FBI initially took the material seriously, said the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, which was first reported by CNN.However, the FBI failed to act on the material, and the former British intelligence officer broke off contact about three weeks before the November election, they said.The warning of information about Russia’s compromising claims follows growing US intelligence and law enforcement concerns about what Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has called “multifaceted” Russian influence and espionage operations in Europe and the United States.In addition to hacking computer networks and spreading propaganda and fake news, it includes efforts to cultivate business and political leaders and find compromising personal, financial and other information on persons of interest, US intelligence officials said.The classified briefings last week were presented to Obama and Trump by Clapper, FBI director James Comey, Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan and National Security Agency director Mike Rogers.US intelligence chiefs included a classified summary of the material to make Trump aware that it is circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress, government officials and others, one of the officials said.An unclassified intelligence report released on Friday concluded that Russian president Vladimir Putin ordered an effort to help Trump’s electoral chances by discrediting Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential campaign.The report said US intelligence agencies have concluded that as part of the effort Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, used intermediaries such as WikiLeaks and others to release emails it hacked from the Democratic National Committee and top Democrats.