Chirn Park cottage has been brought to life with a modern renovation

first_img8 Chirn Lane, Chirn Park.“We repainted the inside and outside, put in new carpet and added a lot of contemporary fixtures.” On a 562sq m block, the home has an outdoor deck which opens to the main living area. The open-plan kitchen overlooks the dining area and backyard. The property also features an electric gate. Lambert Willcox Estate Agents Broadbeach agents, Jesse Wilcox and Mitchell Lambert home will take the property to auction on April 29 at 10am 8 Chirn Lane, Chirn Park.THIS contemporary Chirn Park cottage was a home-away-from-home for homeowner and retired construction manager Steven Bennett. The civil engineer bought the home with his wife Debbie 10 years ago.“I lived in Darwin and all across Australia for work but we needed a home that would be perfect for Debbie and my daughter when I wasn’t around. 8 Chirn Lane, Chirn Park.The couple said they have spent the past two years doing renovations and creating a modern home.“We didn’t do any major extensions because the structure was open and let in fantastic breezes,” the father-of-one said. center_img 8 Chirn Lane, Chirn ParkMore from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North9 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“This house was quaint, and big enough for the girls but it was also really secure.“The home was more for my wife and while we looked at Burleigh we were surprised at how peaceful this home was but it was located in such a bustling neighbourhood with cafes.” The two-bedroom home comes with two bathrooms and two car spaces and has an open plan design.last_img read more


Two players among 13 COVID-19 positive cases in IPL, Raina out

first_imgMUMBAI (Reuters) – Two players and 11 other people have tested positive for COVID-19 after arriving in the United Arab Emirates for the Indian Premier League (IPL), while all-rounder Suresh Raina has pulled out of the tournament for personal reasons.This year’s IPL will be played in the UAE from Sept. 19 due to the situation of the pandemic in India where there have been a reported 3.46 million cases and 62,550 deaths due to the virus.The Indian cricket board (BCCI) said 1,988 tests had been carried out between Aug. 20 and 28 across the teams and other officials in the UAE as part of its health protocols. “Thirteen personnel have tested positive of which two are players,” the board said in a statement.“All the affected personnel as well as their close contacts are asymptomatic and have been isolated from other team members. They are being monitored by the IPL Medical Team.“As per the IPL 2020 health and safety protocols, testing on all participants will be conducted regularly throughout the IPL 2020 season.” The board did not specify who the 13 personnel represented in the 13th edition of the tournament but local media in India said all of them were from the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) camp.Three-time IPL champions CSK also lost Raina, who is second, after India captain Virat Kohli, in the all-time list of highest run-getters in the popular tournament. “Suresh Raina has returned to India for personal reasons and will be unavailable for the remainder of the IPL season,” Chief Executive Kasi Viswanathan said on the team’s Twitter feed.“Chennai Super Kings offers complete support to Suresh and his family during this time.”A fluent left-handed batsman and handy off-spinner, Raina retired from international cricket this month, minutes after his CSK captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, announced he was quitting playing for India.last_img read more


Olympian O’Neill backs Walsh

first_imgWalsh confirmed that the corrosion of his autonomy was one of the main reasons behind his decision to resign with the Irish Amateur boxing association insisting it had a say on team selection.O’Neill who a silver meal at the European Championships in 2010, cited an example from 2011 and his selection for the World championships as why the coach should have the ultimate say on team selection.last_img


Knicks fined $50K for violating NBA’s media policy

first_img Knicks welcome RJ Barrett to Madison Square Garden with emotional tribute video The Knicks have been fined $50,000 for violating the NBA’s media policy following the NBA Draft, the league announced Monday.NBA rules state that teams must allow equal access to all members of the media, but during Friday’s post-draft conference, the Knicks barred the New York Daily News from joining the conference. NBA stopped using term ‘owner’ in favor of ‘governor,’ Adam Silver says According to the league, the Knicks have “agreed to comply with NBA Media Access Rules moving forward.”The team released its own statement after the fine was announced, calling the situation a misunderstanding. Related News Kawhi Leonard free agency rumors: LA billboard woos ‘King of SoCal’ for Clippers “The Knicks acknowledge that we did not comply with the NBA’s media policy, and made an error in interpreting Friday’s announcement as an invite only event,” the statement said. “As we do throughout the year, we have and will continue to provide access to credentialed media as per the League’s policy.” It’s not the first time the Knicks — specifically team owner James Dolan — and the media have had a public fued. Dolan recently prevented New York Daily News writer Stefan Bondy from calling in to a teleconference, saying some media members had it out for the team.”There are certain journalists, right, that, you know, actually wish ill will towards the team,” Dolan said in March, via CBS Sports. “They don’t want to see the team win. They don’t want to see the team be successful. They have their own personal axes to grind. They come in with the intent of, I mean, they’ve never written a positive story about the team.”The Knicks made headlines by selecting Duke star RJ Barrett with the No. 3 overall pick Thursday and acquiring the 47th pick, Ignas Brazdeikis, in a trade with the Kings.last_img read more