Ex-Ajax star Van Halst: Newcastle goalscorer Willems charming, frustratingby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Ajax and FC Twente star Jan van Halst has told Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce to take the good with the bad when it comes to Jetro Willems.Willems joined Newcastle United on-loan from Eintracht Frankfurt last month, though made his name in the Eredivisie with PSV Eindhoven, where he spent six years and won his first caps with Holland.And on Saturday, Willems scored the opener on Saturday in the Toon’s 3-1 defeat at Liverpool. The goal was spectacular, but wasn’t enough as the Reds eventually steamrolled the visitors.Reviewing the action, Van Halst was delighted for Willems – though warned the Dutchman will always be occasionally loose defensively.Van Halst said on Ziggo Sport via Voetbalzone: “He makes it difficult for a football analyst. Before the game we say that he should play a little more carefully as a left back. It is of course the charm of Willems.”The good thing is too: if he does this for PSV in a home match against RKC, then you say: ‘This is of course not possible in the Premier League’. But it is foolish: he just does it. Charming. A great goal.”Indeed, Van Halst says that’s the ‘charm’ of Willems, who is capable of producing a moment of unexpected magic.He added: “He is playful. It makes you crazy as a football analyst. Of course you have to use him with his speed.”Defensively he just has his vulnerabilities. You have to take this for granted a bit. This is that playfulness of Jetro Willems. He will never get it out completely, because he is already 25.”Willems moved to Newcastle at the beginning of August. The defender has joined the Magpies on a season-long loan with the option to buy.- updated September 16 About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
West Ham boss Pellegrini pleased with Rice progressby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini is pleased with the progress of Declan Rice.Rice came in for some criticism for his defensive error which contributed to Kosovo’s second goal against England in Tuesday’s European Qualifier at St Mary’s.Hammers manager Pellegrini is confident Rice has the mentality to take everything in his stride and flourish for the national side.”Declan is a very young player, he is improving in every game he plays,” said Pellegrini.”He is only 20 years old and I think with his age it is important he plays for England and it is important for him the way he can demonstrate how he works.”You can expect these mistakes for any kind of player. He is improving and for the moment he is doing well in that position.”If you are 20 years old you always want to play, but we will see if he has any muscle problem. For the moment Declan must continue playing.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Twitter/@dariusruckerDarius Rucker is a huge South Carolina fan, but he’s not going too crazy with expectations for the Gamecocks in Will Muschamp’s first year. All he wants is a bowl game. Any bowl game.If South Carolina reaches six wins this year, the country star and former leader of Hootie and the Blowfish will play a concert at the famous ‘Horseshoe’ on his alma mater’s campus.Rucker agreed to the arrangement after receiving a tweet suggestion from a ‘Cocks fan. School president Harry Pastides quickly agreed.I think if we get 6 wins this season @dariusrucker should have another concert on the horseshoe— Croc (@WhiteJungleboi) August 10, 2016I’m dying to play the horseshoe. Start a petition tell them I’m in!! https://t.co/mgiW6vV9WF— Darius Rucker (@dariusrucker) August 10, 2016No need for a petition…consider it done! Darius in concert on the ‘Shoe after we get to 6! https://t.co/FMKYZ56Cpa— Harris Pastides (@HarrisPastides) August 11, 2016This isn’t the first time Rucker has put a performance on the line with South Carolina athletics, although this is a show he definitely wants to have. Last June, the country star serenaded ESPN’s Mike Golic with the Notre Dame fight song, after Golic’s Fighting Irish women’s basketball team beat the Gamecocks in the Final Four.With an SEC schedule, getting to six wins won’t be easy for South Carolina this season. Win at Vanderbilt, vs. ECU, at Kentucky, vs. UMass, vs. Missouri, and vs. Western Carolina. That’s probably the easiest path.[The State]
Madrid: Gareth Bale’s move to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning has been cancelled by Real Madrid, a source close to the Wales forward told AFP on Sunday. Bale, 30, who has been in the Spanish capital since 2013, was expected to join the Chinese Super League outfit on a three-year-deal worth ?1 million ( 1.1 million) a week. The 77-time international had been told by Real coach Zinedine Zidane he does not form part of his future plans at the Bernabeu. The former Tottenham Hotspur winger came off the bench to play half an hour in Real’s record 7-3 defeat to rivals Atletico Madrid on Saturday. The source dismissed reports by Spanish daily Marca which said the player’s family had blocked a potential move to Asia. Marca said those close to Bale had asked his representatives to look for clubs in Europe “before definitively saying yes to Jiangsu Suning’s offer”. The Chinese transfer window closes on Wednesday.
Redshirt-senior defensive lineman Kosta KarageorgeCredit: Courtesy of OSU AthleticsMoments before coach Urban Meyer addressed the media on Monday, an Ohio State spokesman said the school is unable to comment on the investigation surrounding the death of walk-on senior defensive lineman Kosta Karageorge or the medical treatment he received at OSU.Karageorge’s body was found Sunday afternoon near his apartment in Columbus after being reported missing on Wednesday. Columbus Police said the cause of death appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.The Columbus native had last been seen around 2 a.m. on Wednesday. According to The Columbus Dispatch, Karageorge’s family was concerned his disappearance had something to do with concussion-related injuries, of which he reportedly had a history.During his Monday press conference, Meyer said Karageorge’s death is an “incredible tragedy.”Meyer added that Karageorge “loved” his time as a football player at OSU. He joined the team in August after competing as a varsity wrestler for three seasons for the Buckeyes.On Friday, the OSU Department of Athletics released statements from Meyer and team physician Dr. Jim Borchers. Borchers’ statement said he was “not able to discuss or comment about the medical care regarding our student-athletes.”After police confirmed Karageorge’s body had been found, OSU athletics released a statement expressing the shock and sadness of learning of the player’s death.“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Karageorge family, and those who knew him, during this most difficult time,” the statement said.When asked about how the OSU handled Karageorge’s health, Meyer said he could not comment but expressed his faith in the medical staff.“This is the best group of medical people I’ve ever been around,” Meyer said.
Fernando Torres played his last game for Atletico Madrid today as his contract won’t be renewed and he can possibly come back to Premier League where he used to play for Liverpool and Chelsea.The Spanish striker can reunite with Rafael Benitez who is currently coaching Newcastle and the manager himself didn’t rule this option out as he admitted that he would be, for sure, interested in this move.Benitez spoke about this possible surprising transfer as he said, according to Shields Gazette:“I think it will be harder for him to come, not because we don’t want to.”Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“I don’t know what’s going on in his head, but maybe he is thinking about something else.”“It would be appealing, but I don’t think it would be easy.”“In Liverpool, he was sensational.”“Then we went to Chelsea and, although he had a bad time when he arrived, he was essential for us in winning the Europa League.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, June 24, 2017 – Providenciales – Following the instances of crime in the last week in the Grace Bay and Leeward areas, including the shooting of a visitor the Islands, the RT&CIPF have increased the visible policing in these areas and others areas of Providenciales. The increase in Policing is to provide reassurance to the local community, those visiting the Island and those who work here.The recent crimes that have caused harm and concern are unacceptable and condemned by the Police Force. Work is continuing to identify those responsible and bring them to justice. Overnight a person has been arrested for robbery and another person is in custody for an offence of burglary. These arrests are not connected to the shooting of the visitor to the Island in the early hours of Friday morning but reflect the hard work that the officers of the RT&CIPF are undertaking to keep their community safe.With regards to the shooting of the visitor, the victim remains in a serious condition and his family are being supported by officers from the Serious Crime Team of the RT&CIPF.Acting Commissioner of Police Trevor Botting said this morning; “The shooting of the visitor to the Turks and Caicos Islands is condemned and my team are working tirelessly to identity those responsible and bring them to Justice. I know this incident will cause concern in the community. The Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force have increased their visible presence in the areas of Grace Bay but also in other areas of the Islands. However, my officers need the support of the community.We need information as to who is carrying out these crimes and causing such harm to those who live, work and visit the Islands. We also need people to tell us about anything or anyone suspicious, if you see something tell us so we can check it out. We need our communities’ eyes and ears to help us keep the Islands safe. I have spoken to partners within the Tourist Industry this morning and we are committed to working together to keep people safe.I would ask that people remain alert and vigilant but not alarmed. Sensible precautions should be taken when walking around the Island late in the evening. These include walking together in groups and where possible not carrying more valuables than you need to and making use of safes and security measures where possible.I would be grateful for the public’s support and patience if they are delayed at all through the increase in policing. If you are concerned, speak to my officers, they are here to serve, support and assist you. My officers are working hard to keep you safe and we will use all available tools and tactics to prevent offences and bring those who seek to commit crime to justice. ”Press Release: RTCIPF#TCIpoliceupdates Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#TCIpoliceupdates
Under the proposed settlement, the State will retain the $224 million already collected, and will collect at least $165 million of additional revenue. Chief assistant attorney general for regulatory affairs and public advocacy, John Ptacin: ”Over time, we believe that’ll translate into over a billion dollars additional revenue to the state.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The State of Alaska has agreed to settle dozens of cases involving Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) tariff rates for the years 2009-2015. In addition, the carriers will agree that approximately $625 million of costs associated with strategic reconfiguration, a project which automated and electrified equipment along the TAPS pipeline, will never be placed in TAPS tariff rates, keeping rates low into the future. According to a release from the State Department of Law, this settlement will likely increase the value of Alaska North Slope (ANS) crude for tax and royalty purposes. Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-Tarrif-settlement.mp3VmJennifer-on-Tarrif-settlement.mp300:00RPd To help keep future disputes about TAPS tariff rates to a minimum, the State and the carriers also agreed to use a settlement methodology to calculate interstate TAPS tariff rates through 2021. The settlement is subject to regulatory approval before it is final. In the legal settlement announced earlier in December, the State asserted that TAPS tariff rates were too high, resulting in reduced royalty and tax obligations by the shippers who utilize TAPS.
The route for the parade starts down Fidalgo Ave, left on Willow Street, right on the Kenai Spur Hwy, and then a right on Main Street Loop. Kenai Chamber of Commerce President Johna Beech says the parade lineup will be from 8-10 a.m., on Trading Bay Road with the parade itself starting at 11 a.m. Beech: “Be mindful that we will be closing down the Spur Hwy from 11-12:30pm for the Parade. KPD does a great job of rerouting traffic, but if you are in a hurry that’s not the day to be in a hurry. I can’t believe we are almost here, but it looks like it’s going to be another great 4th of July.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Kenai’s annual Fourth of July Parade will close the Kenai Spur Highway for close to two hours on Wednesday. The midway festivities are from noon to 4 p.m., with various vendors, a beer garden sponsored by Kassiks Brewery, and a kids carnival.
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享FEMA representatives have opened a temporary office at the North Peninsula Recreation Center in Nikiski. The FEMA temporary office is open 10am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 1pm on Saturday, this week and next week ending March 2. You must apply for Federal Individual Assistance even if you have already applied for State Individual Assistance. The major disaster declaration issued on January 31 for the state of Alaska makes federal funding available to eligible affected individuals in the Municipality of Anchorage, Matanuska-Susitna Borough, and Kenai Peninsula Borough. Residents whose homes were affected by the 7.0 earthquake on November 30 are encouraged to apply for the Federal Individual Assistance program. The deadline to apply for FEMA Individual Assistance is April 1. Announcements will be provided for locations in Homer and Seward. You may also apply online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has extended the schedule for the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Alaska LNG project by four months. “The revised schedule for the EIS is based upon AGDC meeting its commitment to provide complete responses to outstanding data requests on the dates it has identified.” The notice also stated, that the regulatory commission would not issue a final impact statement until March 6, 2020, instead of November 2019. But March 2020 depends on the Alaska Gasline Development Corp. (AGDC) answering all of FERC’s questions in full this summer. In a notice issued by FERC on February 28, they now plan to issue the draft EIS in June. The commission did not specify a date in June. The scheduled release date had been the end of February. Some of the responses that the AGDC still owes FERC includes information on fire safety, spill-containment safeguards and hazard-mitigation designs at the gas treatment plant, liquefaction plant and LNG storage tanks in Nikiski. FERC cited the state’s timeline for answering federal regulators’ questions and fulfilling data requests as the reason for the extension. Also, federal regulators are waiting for information from the state on pipeline crossings at active earthquake faults, and a more detailed route map showing all seismic hazards within 5 miles of the pipelines.
Photo: Flickr.comThe Texas Department of Public Safety will be extra watchful during the Memorial Day weekend and Troopers will be on the lookout for intoxicated drivers, as well as for drivers who are going over the speed limit or who are not complying with seat belt and other traffic laws.The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) will be extra watchful during the Memorial Day weekend and Troopers will be on the lookout for intoxicated drivers, as well as for drivers who are going over the speed limit or who are not complying with seat belt and other traffic laws.“By driving sober, wearing your seat belt, obeying traffic laws and using extra caution, you can help prevent senseless tragedies,” DPS Director Steven McCraw said in a news release.During the 2017 Memorial Day holiday weekend, DPS Troopers issued nearly 60,000 citations and warnings, including more than 1,000 seat belt and child safety restraint tickets.The DPS encourages drivers to drive defensively as holiday travel may present additional challenges and to monitor weather and road conditions.You can visit the website https://drivetexas.org to monitor road conditions in Texas. Share
Never leave a child unattended in the bath or playing in a paddling pool – even for a second, bath seats are not a safety aid, use a non-slip mat in the bath. Always pull the plug as soon as bath time is over;Turn your pond into a sandpit, fence it off or securely cover it while your children are small;Always empty your paddling pool after use and remember to store it upside down – this also applies to buckets and pots that can collect water.Mayor Boyle reminds parents of the drowning risks for children was last modified: June 19th, 2018 by John2John2 Tags: ShareTweet ChildrenDrowning Prevention WeeMayor Boyle reminds parents of the drowning risks for childrenMayor John Boyle DERRY City and Strabane District Council are highlighting the dangers of water, particularly for children under 5, as part of the Royal Life Saving Society Drowning Prevention Week.The Council want to remind parents and carers that it is never okay to leave children unattended in and around water.Accidents can happen so quickly but can easily be prevented. Mayor of Derry City and Strabane District Council, Councillor John Boyle added: “Very often when we think of children and the risk of drowning we relate this to a swimming pool or open waters however.“But the stark reality is that most babies and young children who drown do so at home in the bath or in the garden and it can happen in as little as 3-5cm of water.“Young children don’t yet appreciate the risks posed by water so are relying on adults to keep them safe. We are asking parents to take simple steps to reduce the risk of drowning.”Top tips to ensure safety include: