The Spaniard underwent a medical with the Russian club, who are managed by former Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, and has signed a four-year contract. City announced on their website: “Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia has left City to join Zenit St Petersburg on a permanent basis.” The proposed move, thought to be worth around £12million, ends a two-year spell at the Etihad Stadium for Garcia, who joined from Benfica for £15.8million. Playing for Villas-Boas made the prospect of a move to Zenit particularly appealing to Garcia. He told Zenit’s website: “I spoke to him on the phone several times. He is one of the main reasons why I came to St Petersburg. Andre talked a lot about the project of the club, and I believe that we can achieve a lot together.” Garcia, now 27, was signed by City under former manager Roberto Mancini but never became a regular starter for the Italian or his successor Manuel Pellegrini, and there seemed scant prospect of that changing in the new campaign. His departure follows the £10million exit of fellow midfielder Jack Rodwell to Sunderland earlier this month. City effectively have a replacement for Garcia in the squad having signed Fernando from Porto in June. Eliaquim Mangala, Willy Caballero, Frank Lampard, Bruno Zuculini and Bacary Sagna are the other new faces in the champions’ squad ahead of the new season. City begin the defence of their Barclays Premier League crown at Newcastle on Sunday. Press Association This week has also seen the key City pair of captain Vincent Kompany and playmaker David Silva sign new five-year contracts. Samir Nasri and Aleksandar Kolarov agreed fresh terms earlier this summer. Now striker Edin Dzeko, who is in the final year of his current deal, has suggested that he could be the next to re-sign. The 28-year-old, signed from Wolfsburg for £27million in 2011, has previously spoken of his desire to stay and now it seems negotiations with the club are progressing well. The Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who scored 26 goals last season, told German magazine Kicker: “We are currently talking about a new contract. “It looks very good in terms of staying here a bit longer. “I have been here for nearly four years now, and feel better and better. I will give my all to show what I can do. “The second half of last season was the best I had in my entire time here, and I want to draw on that. “I want to get better every year, to score even more goals. I am 28 – my best time is now.” Zenit St Petersburg have wrapped up the signing of midfielder Javi Garcia from Manchester City.
LABRADOR CITY, N.L. – Iron Ore Company of Canada workers in Labrador City, N.L., have ratified a new five-year contact to end a strike that lasted nine weeks.The United Steelworkers Union says about 80 per cent of the workers who voted cast ballots in favour of the new agreement.The union says more than 1,300 members of two locals will return to work over the next several days.More than 300 other workers at the company’s port and railway operations in Sept-Iles, Que., will vote on a similar offer on Tuesday.The five-year agreement includes wage increases averaging 2.4 per cent annually, including cost-of-living allowances.Ron Thomas, the president of USW Local 5795 says the deal also includes increases in medical benefit coverage and pensions, as well as an increase in the cap on medical benefits.“It is time to get IOC back up and producing so that our members and our communities can get some normalcy back into their lives,” added Local 6731 president Tony Record.The Labrador City strike began on March 27 after workers turned down an earlier offer from the company, and remained on strike after rejecting another offer in mid-April.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, July 26, 2017 – Providenciales – No information has come in as yet, but a man was reportedly found dead at his residence in Kew Town between Monday night and Tuesday morning.#MagneticMediaNews#manfounddeadathomeinKewTown Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #manfounddeadathomeinKewTown
His club and Bournemouth scored six goals in 27 minutes, or four goals in just a six-minute spell in yesterday’s English Premier League gameWith a 2-0 lead, Watford though it could get the victory against Bournemouth yesterday.But the local team never gave up and the game ended up in a 3-3 draw after four goals were scored in a six-minute lapse.And Watford boss Javi Gracia is impressed at how crazy the game went.“We conceded in the moment two goals from two free-kicks,” said Gracia to the club’s official website.What to expect from Watford V Arsenal? Taimoor Khan – September 8, 2019 Arsenal are set to take on Watford this weekend and the game is definitely going to be quite a peculiar contest between two sides…“We had to defend better. I knew we needed to defend well because I was sure Bournemouth would create chances because they always do it.”“We conceded two goals from two free-kicks and it was difficult to accept,” he added.“After that, we competed well and we were looking for victory until the end.”“Maybe if it could have worked differently but we kept working. It was different moments in the game,” he added.“We started well and after they scored two goals as well it was a moment without control but we controlled it better in the second half and were more organized to contain them.”
India rejected Foreign Minister of Pakistan’s claim with a clear objective of whipping up war hysteria in the region.ReutersThe Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has rejected “irresponsible and preposterous” Pakistan’s claims of India planning an attack on the neighbours. In a statement on Sunday (April 7) night, MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, “India rejects the irresponsible and preposterous statement by the Foreign Minister of Pakistan with a clear objective of whipping up war hysteria in the region.””This public gimmick appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake terror attack in India,” he said. Pakistan has been advised to use the established diplomatic channels to “share actionable and credible intelligence” it has about terror attacks, he added. Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar.Reuters”India reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to cross-border terrorist attack,” the spokesman said, adding said it has been made clear to Pakistan that it cannot absolve itself of responsibility of a cross border terrorist attack in India.”No attempt at creating an alibi for its complicity in such attacks will succeed. Pakistan needs to take credible and irreversible steps against terrorism operating from all territories under its control rather than making hysterical statements to obfuscate the core issue that bedevils our region: cross-border terrorism.”Earlier in the day, Reuters quoted Pakistan minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi as saying, “We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan. As per our information, this could take place between April 16 and 20.” Qureshi told the media that Islamabad had “reliable intelligence that India is devising a new plan” to attack Pakistan.He did not elaborate on what evidence Pakistan had or how he could be so specific with the timing, but he said Prime Minister Imran Khan had agreed to share the information with the country.”I am speaking responsibly, I hold a position of responsibility, and I know the words I utter will be picked up by the international media,” he said.
Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt and Akshay Kumar.Instagram / TwitterThe Indian General Elections 2019 have begun and a lot of Bollywood celebrities have been urging citizens to come out and cast their vote. In fact, Bollywood actors and filmmakers have never shied away from casting their ballot, always seen outside the polling booth posing with their inked finger.But do you know, there are some superstars in Bollywood who are not allowed by the Government of India to cast their vote in any Indian election? As per reports, these names are Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Akshay Kumar, Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif, to name a few. Let’s take a look at the Bollywood celebs who cannot cast their vote in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019, and why.Alia Bhatt: The 26-year-old actress cannot cast her ballot, as she holds a British passport. Alia Bhatt had revealed the same during the General Elections 2014, when she had told Hindustan Times, “Unfortunately, I can’t vote because I have a British passport. I am past the date (to get the official documents for voting) this time around, but I will try and get my voting card the next time (elections) once I get my dual citizenship.”Well, since India does not allow for dual citizenship, it’s obvious that Alia Bhatt can’t exercise her franchise in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 as well. Or never, unless the rules change or she holds an Indian passport. Alia Bhatt in RaaziPR HandoutDeepika Padukone: Born in Copenhagen, Denmark, this daughter of badminton champ Prakash Padukone has brought many laurels to the country with her acting skills. But being born outside India and holding a Danish passport, she cannot cast her vote here.Akshay Kumar: Our Punjabi puttar Akshay Kumar is now a Canadian citizen and hence cannot cast his vote here in India. We wonder if he goes all the way to Canada during the elections there.Imran Khan: The handsome Bollywood actor who turned director with a short film cannot vote in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019. The reason being Imran Khan holds an American passport, as he was born in Madison, Wisconsin, United States to his father Anil Pal and mother Nuzhat Khan (actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan’s cousin). Imran has taken his mother’s surname. Imran Khan.PR Handout.Katrina Kaif: This Bollywood beauty may make every heart in the country skip a beat, but she is not allowed to cast her ballot in India. Well, that is because Katrina Kaif is a British citizen. Katrina KaifInstagramThere are many other Bollywood celebrities who only work in India but are not Indian citizens, like Sunny Leone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Nargis Fakhri. They, too, are not allowed to cast their ballot in the country.Pakistani singer Adnan Sami would be an exception, as he had applied for Indian citizenship and was granted the same. Let’s see if we see him at the polling booth as a registered voter during General Elections 2019.The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 are scheduled to be held in seven phases in India, from the date April 11 to May 19, 2019. The Election Results will be declared on May 23, 2019.
Salla had done all this in the name of love and over affection. A married Salla allegedly had an affair with a woman working with Jet Airways and had married her three months before he planted the threat letter. He wanted her to stay with him and take care of his ailing father which made him take this extreme step. He reportedly planted the letter since he wanted the woman to quit her job with the airline.It is reported that the threat letter was filed from Salla’s office in Mumbai. He typed the letter and translated it into Urdu with the help of Google to make it seem like a potential terror threat. He planted it in the tissue holder inside the lavatory of the aircraft’s business class section, which was later found by a crew member.”Flight No. 9W339 is covered by hijackers and aircraft should not be land and flown straight to POK. 12 people on board. If you put landing gear you will hear the noise of people dying. Don’t’ take it as a joke. Cargo area contains explosives land Delhi. Allah is great,” read the threat letter made by Salla.A B.Com graduate from Mumbai’s Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics in Churchgate, Salla had ventured into several businesses including gold and construction after separating from his father’s business in 2006.Salla was arrested by Ahmedabad’s Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) and the case was transferred to the NIA. Birju Kishor SallatwitterA 38-year-old Mumbai-based businessman has become the first person in India to be convicted under the Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016. Birju Kishor Salla has been sentenced to life in prison and fined Rs 5 crore by a special court of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).Salla was found guilty of placing a hijacking note in the washroom of a Mumbai-New Delhi Jet Airways flight in October 2017.The money from the fine will be distributed among the pilots, crew and passengers of the flight. The pilots will get Rs 1 lakh each, the cabin crew members will be given Rs 50,000 and each of the passengers will be given Rs 25,000.Punishment under Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016:(a) with death where such offence results in the death of a hostage or of a security personnel or of any person not involved in the offence, as a direct consequence of the office of hijacking; or (b) with imprisonment for life which shall mean imprisonment for the remainder of that person’s natural life and with fine, and the movable and immovable property of such person shall also be liable to be confiscated.The rules are in line with the Hague Convention of 1971 and the Beijing Protocol of 2010 of the UN body International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The incident took place on October 30, 2017, when captain Jay Jariwala and co-pilot Ashutosh Newase were informed about the threat letter on board Jet Airways flight 9W-339. They had to make an emergency landing at Ahmedabad without informing the passengers. The threat later turned out to be a hoax.The NIA had filed the chargesheet under sections 3(1), 3(2)(a) and 4(b) of Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016, which stated that Salla had intentionally planted the threat letter to disrupt the airline operations. Planting of the threat note amounted to credible threat to commit the offence of hijacking.”There are only two kinds of punishment under the new anti-hijacking law — life imprisonment until death, or a death sentence. If a hostage is killed, the punishment is death. In lesser circumstances the sentence is life. So the judge had only these two options,” Salla’s lawyer Rohit Verma told The Times of India.
Popular on Variety In addition to its Viveport Infinity service, HTC is also bringing its a la carte Viveport VR store to headsets supported by Windows Mixed Reality. These include headsets manufactured by Acer, HP, Asus, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung.With this latest addition Viveport Infinity is now available on all major PC-powered headsets, as well as mobile VR devices based on HTC’s own Vive Wave platform. However, the Netflix-like subscription service isn’t running on Facebook’s Oculus Quest VR headset. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 HTC’s Viveport Infinity VR subscription service will be coming to Windows Mixed Reality headsets next month. VR headsets powered by Microsoft’s platform will have access to the service starting June 5, the company announced Wednesday.Viveport Infinity offers subscribers access to an unlimited number of VR games and apps for a monthly fee of $12.99. The service, which officially launched last month, currently has some 600 titles in its catalog. 200 of these will work on Windows Mixed reality headsets at launch, according to HTC.“Viveport Infinity offers all members unparalleled value and choice when it comes to experiencing and discovering VR content,” said Viveport president Rikard Steiber in a statement.“We’re excited our users now have an additional opportunity to discover some of the best content VR has to offer at an accessible price through Viveport Infinity,” added Microsoft’s Mixed Reality director Dan Newell.
Darjeeling: The name of the State University to come up at Mungpoo, Darjeeling will be undergoing a change in nomenclature from “Greenfield University” to “Darjeeling Hill University.”Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee talking to media persons in Darjeeling on Tuesday stated: “It was a long standing demand of the people that a University come up in the Hills. The foundation stone of the new university ‘The Darjeeling Hill University’ will be laid on Wednesday. The university will come up at Mungpoo.” Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeIncidentally, the Government programme at Darjeeling Chowrasta that was supposed to take place at 3pm on Wednesday has been rescheduled to 11am.Mamata Banerjee will lay the foundation stone of the University from this programme and head for Kolkata. “However, during the discussion on the bill we had requested that the nomenclature be changed as it is the sentiment of the Hill masses that a University come up which bears the identity of the region. The Chief Minister has honoured the sentiments of the people. Now, an amendment has to be brought in the winter session of the Assembly to change the nomenclature,” stated Amar Rai, MLA, Darjeeling.”We have already earmarked a land of 100-acre at Yogighaat in Mungpoo for the University. A new 8-km long road will be built through which the distance between Siliguri and the University will be a mere 45 minutes drive,” stated Binoy Tamang, Chairman, GTA.