Tiger Woods to return in the Bahamas

first_imgJo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ FILE – In this Friday, Jan. 27, 2017 file photo, Tiger Woods watches his tee shot on the ninth hole of the North Course during the second round of the Farmers Insurance Open golf tournament at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego. Tiger Woods is returning to competition at his holiday tournament in the Bahamas the week after Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull, File)Play it again, Tiger Woods.For the second straight year, Woods will return from back surgery at his holiday tournament in the Bahamas the week after Thanksgiving.ADVERTISEMENT Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? N”I am excited to return to competitive golf at the Hero World Challenge,” Woods said in a story on his website. “Albany is the perfect setting and it will be great to join this outstanding field.”The tournament has no cut.A year ago, Woods returned after 15 months recovering from two back surgeries. He made 24 birdies, but finished 15th out of 18 players. The tournament is not official on any tour, although it does award world ranking points.He made his first PGA Tour start at Torrey Pines and missed the cut, and then went to Dubai and didn’t make it past the first round before his back began acting up.Woods made the announcement just three days after he pleaded guilty to reckless driving in a deal that allows him to avoid jail time if he doesn’t violate terms of his probation.The deal stems from a Memorial Day arrest on a DUI charge when Woods was found asleep at the wheel of his car, which was still running and parked at an awkward angle about 15 minutes from his home in Florida.Woods attributed it to a bad combination of prescription medicine.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Woods has not played since he withdrew from the Dubai Desert Classic on Feb. 3 with back spasms. Two months later, he had his fourth back surgery in just over two years.Woods will be part of the 18-man field at the Hero World Challenge, which starts Nov. 30 at Albany Golf Club. While sponsor exemptions are limited to the top 50 in the world, Woods is exempt as the tournament host.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogHis latest procedure was a fusion surgery — the previous three were microdiscectomy surgeries — and Woods reported instant relief. He also said just one month ago at the Presidents Cup that he had no idea what his future held.Doctors gave him clearance to practice without limitations about a week later, and Woods had been posting video on Twitter of a full swing with an iron, a driver and then his signature stinger shot with the driver. According to a toxicology report, Woods had the active ingredient for marijuana, two painkillers, the sleep drug Ambien and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in his system.He completed a drug treatment program in July.Woods has 79 PGA Tour victories and 14 majors, both second all-time, though he has not won since the Bridgestone Invitational in August 2013 for his record 18th World Golf Championships title.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Astros, Dodgers connect, riveting World Series onto Game 6 View commentslast_img read more


TRAGIC DONEGAL FAMILY TO SHOW SUPPORT TO VICTIMS OF CARRICKMINES FIRE

first_imgThe Carrickmines fire tragedy.A tragic Donegal family are to travel to Dublin today to meet the relatives of the Carrickmines fire tragedy.Four members of the ‘Donnell family lost their lives when fire swept through their home at Ard O’Donnell in Letterkenny on April 26, 1986.Sharon, 14, Joanne, 12, Adran, 4 and Kevin (18 months) all perished in the blaze. The family’s babysitter Noreen ‘Donnell, 26, also died in the horrific fire.Now members of the family are to show their support to those killed in the Carrickmines blaze in which 10 people perished.Philip O’Donnell said his family are traveling to Dublin to show their support to those left behind after the blaze.“There are so many similarities: two families affected and it also happened on a Saturday morning,” he said. Philip and his family have also been critical of protestors who blocked the entrance to the temporary halting site at Carrickmines.TRAGIC DONEGAL FAMILY TO SHOW SUPPORT TO VICTIMS OF CARRICKMINES FIRE was last modified: October 19th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:blazeCarrckmines firedonegallast_img read more