Sinj and Nin winners of the Innovation Award of the EDEN network for 2018

first_imgAs part of the general assembly of members of the EDEN network, which was held in Brussels, the winners were announced Innovative EDEN awards for 2018.Thus, Sinj won first place in the category “Exceptional offer of cultural tourism“, While Nin won second place in the same category. The awards were presented by Xavier Lechien, President of the EDEN Association, and was received on behalf of Nin by the Director of the Tourist Board of Nin, Marija Dejanovic, while the award was received on behalf of Sinj by Senka Daniel, Head of the Department for Multilateral Cooperation at the Ministry of Tourism.”It is a great honor and pleasure to receive the award from the presidency of the EDEN network, which has recognized the cultural and tourist offer of Nin, and which is so attractive that it attracts visitors and tourists all year round. Nin has already been awarded so far, in 2013, when it received the award for the most innovative use of the EDEN logo, while this year’s award is an additional wind in the back. Membership in the EDEN network is really important for Nin, which develops promotion related to natural heritage and creates new forms of tourism related to ecological and sustainable tourism. We pay great attention to the cultural heritage and its promotion, and the won award is a confirmation of that”, said the director of the Tourist Board Nina Marija Dejanovic.The EDEN Network Association is supported by the European Commission and brings together winners and finalists of European destinations of excellence from all over Europe, and within the network competitions are held continuously among members. The EDEN network was launched in 2007 and today consists of 71 destinations from 23 countries. It is the most active professional network of non-traditional and lesser-known destinations for sustainable tourism in Europe. Members of the EDEN network from Croatia are Bjelovar, Nin, Sinj and the Northern Velebit National ParkRelated news:DESTINATION “VUKOVAR – VUČEDOL – ILOK” DECLARED “EUROPEAN DESTINATION OF EXCELLENCE” (EDEN) NIN AS A LEADER OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM DEVELOPS A NEW TOURIST PRODUCT – BIRDWATCHING TOURISMlast_img read more


Vargas cameo impresses Redknapp

first_imgHarry Redknapp believes Eduardo Vargas can fire the goals to guide QPR to Premier League safety. Former Spurs striker Zamora seized on poor positioning from Martin Skrtel, Dejan Lovren and holding midfielder Emre Can to dictate QPR’s play. Zamora teed up both gilt-edged chances for Fer, with Redknapp hailing his 33-year-old forward’s astute play. Should the QPR boss opt to move Vargas into the starting line-up then his praise of Zamora hints at Charlie Austin dropping to the bench. “They couldn’t play Bobby could they? That was our plan,” said Redknapp. “I thought we played good football when we had to, dropped it up to Bobby and joined him when we had to. “He was unplayable I thought for 70 minutes. “They are a good group of lads, and they deserved something out of that game. “I just feel sorry for them, they gave everything.” A frustrated Redknapp bemoaned QPR’s injury run, with Rio Ferdinand picking up a groin issue and Sandro suffering a recurrence of his original groin strain too. “Jordon Mutch came in, who I think is going to be a top player, but we can’t get him fit at the moment, he’s got a hamstring, so he can’t play,” said Redknapp. “Sandro’s got a groin (problem) again, he came off on Sunday; it’s been difficult to get a settled team. “Joey Barton’s out, has been for six, seven weeks, it’s been difficult getting people fit. “Rio had a groin problem as well, he had an injection in the week and hadn’t trained.” Press Association Chile striker Vargas twice thought he had rescued a point for Rangers in Sunday’s clash with Liverpool, only for Steven Caulker’s own goal to hand the Reds a 3-2 victory. Rangers boss Redknapp admitted he will be hard pressed to leave Napoli loan recruit Vargas out of his starting line-up after his two-goal cameo at Loftus Road. “I’ve got no doubts we’ll be okay and that we’ll stay up,” said Redknapp, despite QPR remaining rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. “And the little boy Vargas has given me even more confidence. “To see him come on and get two goals, when he got two for Chile as well in midweek: he’s a goalscorer. “And he nearly scored another at the end with Skrtel, when he was coming in to dive in and head it. “He’ll score goals and he’s going to be a big asset for us. It’s going to be difficult to leave him out of the team.” Former Tottenham boss Redknapp has shrugged off speculation linking the likes of Tim Sherwood to a Loftus Road takeover. Les Ferdinand has arrived as head of football operations, but Redknapp remains in overall senior control. Holland midfielder Leroy Fer struck the crossbar twice in Sunday’s first half where QPR were almost totally dominant, with Bobby Zamora causing untold headaches for Liverpool’s defence. last_img read more