The 2017 inaugural PNG-World Surf League Men’s and Women’s Longboard World Championships Tour will take place at Tupira Surf Resort in Madang Province, PNG.SAPNG president Andrew Abel confirmed that the event has been moved from January to March 18-25 with a total of 11 countries participating.This will see 36 male and 18 female of the world’s best longboarders from Australia, Hawaii, Peru, South Africa, France, Great Britain, United States, Brazil, Japan, Reunion Island and PNG take part.It will be televised to 120 million viewers worldwide and will also be seen on EMTV and Kundu TV.It will also include initiatives on empowering women with equal rights and opportunities.Abel said earlier this year that the event will also address violence against women with participation from world champion female surfers who strongly advocate support for SAPNG initiatives.“This event will deliver massive global promotion and will be great for the tourism marketing perspective for SAPNG as we move towards greater focus on product development in growing our tourism sector,” said Abel.
For more information, you can visit the Province’s website. British Columbians can participate in an online survey or through written feedback. VICTORIA, B.C. – The Provincial Ministry of Health says a steering committee, with representatives from all three parties in the legislature, has worked together on a proposal to modernize the province’s health professions regulatory system. – Advertisement -The Province is now seeking public input on the proposed changes. Some of the proposed changes include ensuring regulatory colleges put the public interest and patient safety ahead of professional interests, and simplify and increase transparency in the public complaints and professional disciplinary process. The consultation period runs until January 10, 2020. Advertisement According to the Government, the proposal has a focus on increasing transparency and patient safety.
Martin Keown has warned John Stones he will be making a big mistake if he joins Chelsea this summer.The defender is reportedly ready to hand in a transfer request to force through a move to Stamford Bridge after the Toffees rejected the Premier League champions’ latest £30million offer.But Keown, who made more than 100 appearances for Everton during his four-year stay on Merseyside, says the 21-year-old should stay put for another year at least for the good of his career.Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the former England international said: “He should stay. He still needs to grow as a player and he needs to know he is number one choice.“I don’t think the [Chelsea] manager is completely stable at the moment, he is going through a really difficult period, and he is better staying at Everton for another season.“They adore him, the Evertonians. They got me in the England team because they were so supportive. He needs that warmth for at least another year for his development.“He still has things to work on. I don’t think he is superb from crosses, I don’t think he marks brilliantly, I want to see him being more commanding from set-pieces, and all that comes from being the leader in a group for a team like Everton and then maybe he moves to Chelsea.“He is going to be an outstanding player but I don’t get this massive rush. Just stay where you are and develop and do the job for Everton. It is a huge club there.”
LOS ANGELES – Shortstop Rafael Furcal, who signed a $39 million, three-year contract with the Dodgers last month, will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said Monday the procedure on Furcal’s meniscus cartilage will be minor. Furcal is expected to recover fully in two to three weeks and should be ready when spring training opens, Colletti said. The surgery is scheduled for Wednesday in Los Angeles. Colletti said the Dodgers were aware of the problem when they signed Furcal on Dec. 7 at baseball’s winter meetings. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson“It hindered him last season a bit and he had it drained a few times. But it gave us no concern,” Colletti said during a conference call. “We knew there was a possibility he would need a little cleanup on it at some point in time.” The Dodgers’ GM said Furcal probably could have made it through the upcoming season without having surgery, but the Dodgers decided it was better to have it done now. The switch-hitting Furcal, the 2000 NL Rookie of the Year, hit .284 for Atlanta last season with 12 homers, 58 RBIs, 100 runs and 46 steals in 56 attempts. His steals total was third-highest in the NL – and only 12 fewer than the Dodgers had as a team. The 5-foot-10, 165-pound Furcal is a .284 career hitter with a .348 on-base percentage. He scored 130 runs in 2003, when he made the NL All-Star team. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Francis Diver from Derrybeg, Co. Donegal won €37,000 on the National Lottery Winning Streak Game Show on RTE, on Saturday 11 January 2014. Pictured at the presentation of winning cheques were, from left to right: Sinead Kennedy, game show co-host; Francis Diver, the winning player; Peter Plunkett, Head of IT, The National Lottery and Marty Whelan, game show co-host. The winning ticket was bought from Spar, Derrybeg, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.Pic: Mac Innes PhotographyA Derrybeg man has scooped €37,000 on the National Lottery’s Winng Streak Gameshow and now plans to replace his ‘banger’ with a new car!Frances Diver, of Carrickataskin, Derrybeg, wa delighted with his win.Frances was born and reared in Carrickataskin. He and his wife Brid have been married for the past 45 years. They have four sons. Their son Kieran is married to Ann Frances and they live in Philadelphia. They have four granddaughters and one grandson.Frances is a pensioner. In addition to working he played music all his life, first in a Céilí band in the 50s and later in the show bands. He played bass guitar with the band called Margo and The Keynotes.He purchased the Scratch Card and never misses the show.He couldn’t move when he heard his name read out – he just sat there dumbfounded! Nowadays Francis is interested in playing golf and indoor bowls.He feels like he is fairly lucky and definitely not unlucky. He is not bothered with any lucky charms.He plans to treat himself to a new car as he is driving a banger at the moment! He also plans to give some of the winnings to his wife Brid. DONEGAL MAN WHO SCOOPED €37K ON WINNING STREAK PLANS TO BUY NEW CAR was last modified: January 13th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:carFrances DiverWinning Streak
Odhran MacNiallais has produced a superb first-half display for Donegal against Mayo and has scored three points.DONEGAL are leading Mayo at half-time in their final Allianz National League clash of the season at McHale Park in Castlebar.Donegal are without the inspirational services of their captain Michael Murphy but have so far not missed the influence of the Glenswilly man.Odhran Mac Niallias has been in irresistible form in the opening period from Rory Gallagher and has kicked THREE brilliant points. Patrick McBrearty scored a brilliant goal following a sensational team move that involved several players in fast flowing move that was started by goalkeeper Michael Boyle.Donegal made a blistering start and scored two points inside the first ninety seconds of the match with McElhinney and MacNiallais registering scores.Mayo hit back with FOUR unanswered points before McBrearty blasted to the roof of the Mayo net to put Donegal back in charge.MacNiallais added two more and McBrearty knocked over a free to put Donegal FOUR ahead with seven minutes of the half to go. Mayo hit back well though and scored THREE points without reply through Donal Vaughan, Aidan O’Shea and Kevin McLaughlin.HALF-TIME SCORE: Donegal 1-05 Mayo 0-07 ALLIANZ NATIONAL LEAGUE: DONEGAL LEAD MAYO AT HALF-TIME IN CASTLEBAR was last modified: April 5th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGAAnewsSport
Real Madrid have been linked with an interest in the 21-year-old, who they reportedly see as a long-term successor to Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu.And now Juventus are also said to be showing serious interest, with The Times claiming the Italian champions are putting together a document as they continue to track the England youngster.Juve are said to be making ‘discreet checks’ on Rashford’s background and character as they consider making a bid for the United ace.Rashford is under contract at Old Trafford until 2020, although the club have the option to extend that by a further year. LATEST Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti 2 2 Marcus Rashford has scored five goals this season – three of which have come in an England shirt targets Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Latest transfer gossip on talkSPORT.com RANKED REVEALED IN DEMAND Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ But the young forward has been linked with a move away from the club in recent months amid reports he is frustrated with his lack of regular game time under manager Jose Mourinho, who has been blasted for his mismanagement of the England international.Rashford has made just five Premier League starts this season and has not yet played 90 minutes in his preferred position as a central striker. Rashford has started in only five Premier League games for Manchester United this season LIVING THE DREAM The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Juventus are ‘compiling a dossier’ on Marcus Rashford as the Italian giants consider a move for the Manchester United striker, according to reports.United may have a fight on their hands to keep hold of their homegrown starlet, with Rashford turning the heads of two of Europe’s biggest clubs. targets Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade moving on Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer He is enjoying more success in an England shirt than a Red Devils one, having scored three goals for his country this season compared to just two for his club.And it appears Juve and Real are ready to offer Rashford a way out of the club, if he decides he sees his future elsewhere.
LOCAL community activist and election candidate Brian Carr has blasted politicians who have put up posters in Ardara.Whilst Glenties has remained poster-free, it seems every other spare posters has made its way up the road to Ardara, says Carr who lives in Glenties.He says he was shocked when out canvassing last night. “I know Ardara won a fantastic accolade as one of Ireland’s prettiest towns and congratulations, but this definitely was awarded before the political posters were allowed to go up for the elections,” said Brian.“To travel down the hill head and see what greets everyone is nearly unbelievable, poster after poster on poles, railings and every place that one could possibly be placed.“After leaving Glenties town which is totally poster free and to drive into this I must say was a shock. Speaking to people on the street before the 10k they are not happy at the complete lack of thought by the placement of all these posters. I’m sure I am not the only person that noticed this.” ELECTION 2014: ‘POSTERS IN ARDARA ARE DISGRACE’ – CARR was last modified: April 30th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ArdaraBrian CarrelectionGlentiesposters
Northwest Garden Show and sunshine are coming your way May 24th and 25th in CPI Castlefinn! The North West Garden Show usually attracts thousands of visitors.So make sure and give them your no.1 preference by enjoying free gardening advice and workshops, entertainment, fashion, live food theatre and gardening experts over the two days, you won’t be disappointed in this new design show for 2014 with events for all the family to enjoy!We will be bringing you the up to date news and schedule during the week but the big news is that ALL tickets booked online until next Tuesday are only €5, with children going FREE! Book your tickets on www.northwestgardenshow.ie TODAY.Some of the highlights from this year are: Free gardening advice and workshops, 12 Show Gardens, Organic Centre Show Gardens, Energy Efficient Sector, Crafternoon Tea and Live Cooking Theatre, Antique Roadshow, Trash n Fashion and lots of opportunities to buy some plants and shrubs for your gardening pleasure!There will be a vast array of dining options for you and all the family, plus free petting zoo talks/demonstrations and entertainment on each day over the weekend.So book NOW for North West Garden Show May 24th/25th for a great day out. Further details and to book go to www.northwestgardenshow.ie or North West Garden Show Face book and twitter or telephone +353 (0)74 91 43976DD DEAL OF THE DAY: TICKET FOR NORTH WEST GARDEN SHOW JUST €5 was last modified: May 16th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BusinessFeaturesnewsnorth west garden showNotices
“Roman sucked in two defenders and I couldn’t even see where my guy went,” Thomas said. “I couldn’t have been any more open, thankfully. I just lined it up and knocked it down.” DeVries displayed the trust he has in his players by keeping his final timeout in his back pocket during the waning seconds. Fans won’t have to wait long to see Drake back in action at home. The Bulldogs (7-2) host Southeast Missouri State on Saturday at 5 p.m. Print Friendly Version Postgame Notes “Milwaukee didn’t have a timeout left, and I didn’t want them to get set up,” DeVries said. “I had something in my mind that we wanted to run. It was basically for Roman Penn to get an isolation on the side and get our shooter in the corner.” Preview Buy Tickets Live Stats ESPN 1350 Mediacom MC22 Liam Robbins scored a team-best 11 points, and Garrett Sturtz collected a game-high eight rebounds. Anthony Murphy set a new career high with five assists. Story Links Southeast Missouri State 12/7/2019 – 5 p.m. “We’re really happy to come away with the win tonight,” said Drake head coach Darian DeVries. “It was a hard-fought game and both teams defended extremely well. It came down to the last play and Noah hit a big three to win it at the buzzer. That was great. I was really proud of the guys for their ability to stay with it.” Watch Live Next Game: Tuesday’s triumph pushes the Bulldogs’ win streak to three games, and Drake is now 18-2 at the Knapp Center under DeVries. DES MOINES, Iowa – Noah Thomas’ clutch three-pointer with 2.6 seconds remaining lifted the Drake University men’s basketball team past Milwaukee, 56-53, Tuesday night at the Knapp Center. Full Schedule Roster Penn came up big for the Bulldogs down the stretch. He lofted home a floater in the paint before drilling a mid-range jumper on the next possession to give Drake a four-point cushion with 2:35 remaining. Penn’s assist on the game-winner made him responsible for the Bulldogs’ last seven points. “I know our guys can feel the energy level when we’re playing at home,” DeVries said. “They really feed off of it. I thought tonight down the stretch the crowd made an impact on the game. We have to protect homecourt. We talk about it all the time and I think our guys really embrace being here and all the fans that come out and support us.” “Roman is one of those guys we trust with everything we do offensively,” DeVries said. “He gets everyone where they need to be, he knows all the plays, he knows what we’re looking for out of those sets, even when things break down. That’s a credit to him on the very last play. He recognized that he didn’t have it so he made the right basketball play and kicked it to Noah for three in the corner.” Box Score (PDF) Penn penetrated deep down the right side, drawing two defenders before kicking out to Thomas in the near corner. Thomas confidently stepped into the shot and swished home the game-winner for his first points of the night.