Pellegrini, 61, said: “I think Alexis is a very good player, he is having a very good season in England. “It is not easy for a player in his first season here to score so many goals, (but) Alexis is repeating what he did in the last two seasons at Barcelona and scoring a lot of goals. “I am very happy for him because he is a young player and a very enthusiastic player and improving. “The football fans in Chile are very happy for him and for the country.” Sanchez’s availability last summer also made him a target for other clubs, notably Liverpool, but Pellegrini claims adding him to the champions’ ranks was not viable at the time. He said: “It was not easy, he was a very expensive player in that moment. “In the moment Barcelona sold him to Arsenal we were not searching for one striker because we had, in that moment, (Stevan) Jovetic, Aguero, (Alvaro) Negredo and (Edin) Dzeko, but I am sure Alexis can play everywhere.” Sunday’s match could potentially see Sanchez come up against another of the Barclays Premier League’s stars of the season in City’s top scorer Sergio Aguero. Sanchez is enjoying an outstanding season with Arsenal following his £30million summer move from Barcelona and has been the Gunners’ chief threat throughout an otherwise mixed campaign. The 26-year-old has netted 18 goals in Arsenal colours and Manchester City boss Pellegrini is well aware of the threat his countryman poses ahead of the London side’s Barclays Premier League trip to the Etihad Stadium. Manuel Pellegrini will have to find a way to stop compatriot Alexis Sanchez as the two highest-profile Chileans in the English game clash on Sunday. The prolific Aguero, who had scored 19 goals this term before suffering a knee injury in December, returned from a seven-game lay-off as a substitute last weekend. Pellegrini said: “I don’t want to compare (Sanchez) with Sergio, but the fans will be excited to see both teams. Both teams play very attractive football and they have very good players, so we hope we will see a very good match. “It is a very important game. Arsenal are a strong team. I always say maybe they are not top of the table but they always have high targets for every season. I hope we will have a very good game and add three more points.” Captain Vincent Kompany is also set to return for City after hamstring and calf problems but midfielder Yaya Toure is away at the African Nations Cup. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes victory over City would do wonders for the Gunners’ confidence in the second half of the season. Since the 2012/13 season, Arsenal have managed only one victory in 12 league matches against teams that went on to finish in the top four and last year they were thrashed 6-3 at Manchester City, 6-0 at Chelsea and 5-1 at Liverpool. Arsenal still have to host Manchester United and Chelsea before the end of the campaign and Wenger believes Sunday’s result could start a turnaround in how the Gunners approach the top sides. “We go into a period now where the confidence is important,” Wenger said. “We have big games until the end of the season and this can be a decisive game on that front. “We believe we can win these games because we have done so in the Champions League many times. We just have to play with a bit more freedom.” Wenger continued: “Is it a self belief? Maybe. We did not perform last year in the top games away from home. “I believe now we are much more stable and we can do it. “For many years it was our strength but in the last two years, it is true that it has been a weakness. I think we can rectify it.” Defender Kieran Gibbs is likely to return for the Gunners after a heel problem, while Theo Walcott and Mesut Ozil are also in contention after coming off the bench against Stoke last Sunday. Danny Welbeck (thigh), Jack Wilshere (ankle), Mathieu Debuchy (shoulder), Mikel Arterta (ankle) and Abou Diaby (calf) are all ruled out. Press Association
Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan was sent off in Al Ain’s ASF Champions League game on Tuesday night.Gyan reacted angrily to comments from Mihai Pintilii of Romanian before making his exit from the Hazza bin Zayed Stadium despite accepting his two-footed challenge deserved the red card.The reaction also sparked shoving and tussle between both sets of player and some strong exchange of words.Asamoah Gyan explained his reaction after the game saying:“The player has no right to tell me what he did. He said something to me which made me upset. He said an abusive word. I really didn’t like it.”When Gyan was asked if Mihai Pintillii’s comments were racist, he answered: “He knows what he said, you can ask him. He knows what he said.”The Black Stars player also accepted his tackle was harsh but had no intention of going for the player. Gyan continued:“I must confess it was a harsh tackle. But in my mind I did not go for the player, I just went in strong for the ball. I am a professional.“The referee took his decision. It is football so I cannot complain. I lost my head a bit, but life goes on.”Al Ain were eliminated from the semi-final stage of the competition despite winning 2-1 at home with ten men on Tuesday night. The 4-2 aggregate score line qualified Al Hilal to the final.
“We definitely want it to be a Superfund site, because it is,” said state Sen. Sheila Kuehl, D-Los Angeles. “I’m very happy that the EPA is going to assess the site again, with an eye toward whether it can be declared a Superfund site.” Kuehl has pushed for the highest cleanup standards at the lab. She has legislation pending that would add the lab to the state’s Superfund list and prohibit Boeing from selling the property until the state director of Toxic Substances Control certifies that contamination has been completely remedied. Boeing spokeswoman Blythe Jameson said the company is working closely with all the regulatory agencies on site decontamination. “All the radiological and chemical cleanups that the company has undertaken throughout the site continue to follow standards that have been carefully set by scientists and engineers and are fully protective of public health and safety,” Jameson said. One of the big controversies surrounding the lab is decontamination of the former Energy Technology and Engineering Center, where the federal government developed nuclear reactors – and where one had a partial meltdown in 1959. Critics of the DOE said the agency’s proposed cleanup would leave 99 percent of the tainted soil on site, and Boeing could eventually sell the property for residential use. In 2003, the EPA said there hadn’t been enough analysis of the site and the cleanup would leave the site unsafe for anything but limited picnicking and camping. At the same time, however, EPA officials said the former nuclear-research portion of the lab did not qualify for Superfund status because nobody lived on site and few people were in immediate risk from the contamination. Similarly, in 1987, the EPA said the field lab didn’t score high enough on its hazard-ranking system to qualify for the National Priorities List. At that time, however, the EPA did not consider radiological contamination on site, only the toxic chemical pollution. This time, the EPA’s Curnow said, the agency will consider the entire lab and all chemical and radiological contamination. EPA officials will score the site based on contamination and how many people might have been exposed if pollutants moved off site. If the site scores high enough, it will be considered for inclusion on the National Priorities List. Rep. Elton Gallegly, R-Thousand Oaks, has long sought EPA involvement in the site cleanup and praised the EPA for its decision Thursday. “My goal has always been to have the site cleaned to the highest standard possible in a timely and complete manner,” Gallegly said in a written statement. Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said the agency’s decision to reconsider the lab is long overdue. “Now the EPA should as quickly as possible ensure that public health is protected by using the best information to make its decisions, not old or inadequate data that could mask the dangers posed by radiation and chemicals at the site,” she said. Staff Writer Harrison Sheppard contributed to this report. [email protected] (213) 978-0390160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “Given all the community concerns about this site and the fact that it’s not being studied and cleaned up under Superfund, this would be appropriate to go back and look at the whole site.” Longtime field lab watchdogs hailed the EPA’s decision but remained wary Thursday, noting that the agency has twice previously rejected the lab site for Superfund status. “I’m hopeful and cautious at the same time,” said Dan Hirsch of the Committee to Bridge the Gap. “On the face of it, it’s positive. EPA has recognized, belatedly, that the site should be looked at as a whole. But twice before they’ve declined to list it, so there has to be some skepticism about why they’re doing it now.” Activists have pushed for EPA Superfund status so one agency would supervise and coordinate cleanup of the 290-acre lab, owned by Boeing Co. Currently, regulation of the field lab cleanup is divided among several agencies. The Department of Energy oversees its own cleanup of the former nuclear research section of the lab. The California Department of Toxic Substances Control is responsible for monitoring chemical cleanup on the site, and the state’s Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board monitors surface water flowing off the lab. Twenty years after the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency first refused to designate the Santa Susana Field Lab as a high-priority cleanup site, the federal agency said Thursday that it is now reconsidering its decision. In a move long sought by community activists, the EPA said it will reassess testing data from recent years and, if necessary, conduct further analysis to determine whether the lab qualifies for the National Priorities List, also called the Superfund program. Reserved for the worst-contaminated sites, Superfund status would give the EPA authority to conduct a new investigation and oversee cleanup at the hilltop lab. “What we’ve heard from the community for many years is that they’re concerned that the site isn’t being addressed as a whole under Superfund,” said Betsy Curnow, chief of the EPA’s regional site assessment section.
ElectroRoute, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation of Japan, is a fast-growing energy trading, services and supply company.We have offices in Letterkenny, Dublin, and Warwickshire. The company was founded in 2011 and has a presence across nine European markets.Our clients and counterparties range from utility companies and power station owners to international trading houses and energy exchanges. We will shortly be starting to supply end customers too, starting in Britain. We have some excellent benefits to offer candidates, these include competitive base salary, performance bonus scheme, paid health insurance, 10% pension contribution.We have 4 exciting new positions available within our IT department. These are:Web, Communications and Branding AnalystSystems Software DeveloperData Solutions DeveloperApplications Support AnalystIf you are interested or if you know someone that would be interested we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send c.v’s to [email protected] roles will be based out of our Donegal office. Vacancies: Donegal energy company ElectroRoute require IT professionals was last modified: February 22nd, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ElectroRoutejobsletterkennyVacancies