Gold Coast home fetches $2.6 million days before it was due to go under the hammer

first_imgThe water views can be enjoyed from almost every room in the house. Perfect for entertaining, especially during the warmer months. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa17 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoThe main living areas are open plan.She said they didn’t want to risk missing out on the five-bedroom, five-bathroom home, where they wanted to retire, so made an offer on the spot.“They had a look in the morning then had a second look in the afternoon and made an offer,” Mrs Schmidt said.“We had a couple of interested parties (and) I’d say we probably had 20 groups though.”It sold within the third week of its auction campaign but has been on the market since October last year.Mrs Schmidt said prospective buyers liked the size of the 863sq m property as well as its waterfront position. Imagine watching sunsets from here.A SOVEREIGN Islands home has fetched $2.6 million days before it was scheduled to go under the hammer.An interstate couple bought the waterfront property at 40 The Sovereign Mile.Marketing agent Jeanette Schmidt, of Professionals Vertullo Real Estate, said they flew up from NSW to see it about a week before it was due to go to auction last Saturday. The perfect view. A bedroom fit for royalty. The indoor living area flows seamlessly outside. The kitchen is large and versatile.“The house is actually very deceiving in that it doesn’t look as big (as it is) from the outside,” Mrs Schmidt said.The home has multiple living areas, including a media room and upstairs children’s retreat, as well as a gym, outdoor entertainment area, pool and private courtyard.“There’s somewhere for everyone,” Mrs Schmidt said.There were several million-dollar sales on the Gold Coast last week.A hilltop home at Sanctuary Cove sold for $1.345 million on Friday while a Rainbow Bay apartment sold for $1.22 million and an Isle of Capri home sold for $1.201 million. The home has multiple living areas.last_img read more


House OKs divorce bill

first_imgAbsolute divorce validates theseparation between married couples as total and final, allowing the husband andwife to return to their status of being single with the right to contractmarriage. House panel chair Ma. Lucille Nava ofGuimaras immediately approved the motion of for the divorce bill’s approvalwith no abstentions as she appointed Lagman to head the TWG. MANILA – A measure instituting divorcein the Philippines has been approved by a House of Representatives committee asa technical working group has been formed to consolidate all the proposals. The House committee on population andfamily relations on Wednesday approved House Bill No. 100 or the AbsoluteDivorce Bill of 2019, which was authored by Albay 5th District Rep. EdcelLagman. “Itongtechnical working group, I will convene it most probably by next week,depending on the availability of the members, or [the] week after next.  But definitely within the month of February,this will be approved already, with a corresponding committee report,” Lagmansaid.center_img “The members are Rep. Arlene Brosas,Rep. (Juliet Marie) Ferrer, and Rep. (Ma. Victoria) Umali.  We are going to convene as soon as possible,”he added. The TWG is tasked to combine HB 100 withother divorce bills authored by Gabriela Partylist Rep. Arlene Brosas, andDavao del Norte 1st District Rep. Pantaleon Alvarez. Before the 17th Congress adjourned, theHouse approved on third and final reading its previous version of the absolutedivorce bill. However, this measure was rejected by the Senate./PNlast_img read more


Ramirez title defense off as challenger O’Connor hospitalized

first_imgREAD: Ramirez defends WBC super lightweight belt without Roach in cornerThe fighter was taken to hospital with dehydration and possible kidney failure, the post said.O’Connor’s Twitter feed later carried a post showing a picture of the fighter in hospital, with a message.“heartbreaking to be rushed to the hospital and deemed medically unfit to fight the day before fighting for my first world title,” he posted. “I let the idea of being a world champion cloud my judgment of my personal health. Nothing is more important than my health.”In a second post he added: “As I rest and recover with my family I ask for privacy. Thanks for all the well wishes and your continued support.”ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ DeGuardia said O’Connor had been trying to shed a last two pounds (900 grams) to make the 140-pound weight limit.O’Connor, a 33-year-old from Massachusetts with a record of 30-3 with 11 knockouts, was preparing for his first world title fight.Ramirez, 22-0 with 16 knockouts, was to make the first defense of the title he won with a defeat of fellow American Amir Imam in New York on March 17.Since then Ramirez had parted with trainer Freddie Roach, and was to fight for the first time with trainer Robert Garcia in his corner.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew 1) heartbreaking to be rushed to the hospital and deemed medically unfit to fight the day before fighting for my first world title. I let the idea of being a world champion cloud my judgment of my personal health. Nothing is more important than my health. pic.twitter.com/uc8SEHTZQD— Danny O’Connor (@DOC_Boxing) July 7, 2018Jose Ramirez’s first defense of his World Boxing Council super lightweight world title was called off Friday as challenger Danny O’Connor was hospitalized with severe dehydration.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’The WBC said in a brief item on their website that the bout scheduled for Saturday in Fresno, California, had been called off after O’Connor “suffered various dehydration symptoms during the official weighing,” adding that he was taken to hospital.ADVERTISEMENT Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins A post on the Facebook page of O’Connor’s promoter — Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing — said emergency medical personnel were called when O’Connor collapsed upon leaving a sauna Friday. MOST READ DeMarcus Cousins, on the Warriors’ potential: ‘Scary’ View commentslast_img read more


Painted Pony closes deal to sell acreage in Northeast BC Montney

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Painted Pony Energy Ltd. has announced that it has closed a deal to sell 75 percent of its working interest in 11,280 gross acres in the Northeast B.C. Montney for cash consideration of $45 million.According to Painted Pony, this transaction totals approximately four percent of the company’s total Montney acreage.According to Painted Pony’s president and CEO, Patrick Ward, the sale would give the company financial leverage, and would not impact current production volumes.- Advertisement -Painted Pony’s bank debt is estimated to be $120 million on a $375 million syndicated credit facility.The buyer involved in the deal has not been disclosed.last_img read more