LNG World News Staff Image courtesy of BechtelChevron’s Wheatstone LNG project located 12 kilometers west of Onslow in Western Australia started producing liquefied natural gas earlier this week. The project’s engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning contractor, Bechtel, on Friday released a video, showing the project’s journey from the final investment decision to first LNG.Chevron added in its statement earlier in the week that the project will dispatch the first cargo in the coming weeks, while the second liquefaction train is set to start producing LNG between March and May next year.At full capacity, the two liquefaction trains will be producing 8.9 million tons per annum of LNG.The construction on the Wheatstone project did not go smoothly as well as the LNG project experienced delays in module deliveries. These delays had resulted in an increase of Wheatstone project costs to $34 billion as compared to $29 billion in the original 2011 estimate.Wheatstone LNG is a joint venture between Australian units of Chevron (64.14 percent), Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (13.4 percent), Woodside (13 percent), and Kyushu Electric Power Company (1.46 percent), together with PE Wheatstone, part-owned by JERA (8 percent).
RelatedPosts Italy introduces compulsory virus testing for travellers from France Nigeria records new COVID-19 infections, more deaths as figures rise to 57,242 I was in best of forms before Tokyo Paralympics was postponed — Powerlifter Ejike Lazio went top of Serie A with a 2-0 win over Bologna on Saturday in one of the five weekend top-flight matches which were unaffected by the coronavirus outbreak. Luis Alberto fired Lazio in front in the 18th minute and set up the second for Joaquin Correa three minutes later as the host extended their unbeaten Serie A run to 21 games. Bologna had two goals disallowed in the second half, one for handball and then one for offside following a VAR review. Lazio have 62 points from 26 games, two ahead of Juventus, whose match at home to third-placed Inter Milan on Sunday was one of five postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak. Serie A had initially announced that the five games would be played behind closed doors. However, it changed its mind earlier on Saturday because broadcasters, fans and the clubs did not want to play in empty stadiums. Lazio began confidently with Correa missing from close range in the second minute after weaving his way through the Bologna defence and Ciro Immobile, Serie A’s leading scorer with 27 goals, clipping the post. They went ahead when Immobile and Correa combined to set up Luis Alberto who scored with a low shot from the edge of the area. Luis Alberto then turned provider when he sliced open the Bologna defence to set up Correa who scored with a deflected shot. Lazio gave a surprisingly nervy second-half performance, though, and Stefano Denswil had the ball in the net for Bologna in the 52nd minute but the ball ricocheted off his arm and it was ruled out. Bologna defender Takehiro Tomiyasu then volleyed home but that was also chalked off for offside against Rodrigo Palacio in the build-up. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Coronavirusinter millanJoaquin CorreaLazioLuis ALbertoSerie A
Clemson announced on Friday that 23 football players have tested positive for coronavirus since returning to campus this month.Schools spokesman Jeff Kallin said that in all 28 people were found with COVID-19 since testing began for athletes and other personnel on June 8. Two football staffers and three athletes from other sports also tested positive. MORE: Lightning, Blue Jays halt training in Florida after multiple positive COVID-19 tests Those known to have close contact with those who tested positive have been asked to quarantine for at least 10 days. The athletic department said most of the total cases have been asymptomatic and no one has been hospitalised.Clemson is the latest program to see positive test results from athletes returning to school. Texas, Houston and SMU have all had football players test positive since voluntary workouts resumed.
LOCAL community activist and election candidate Brian Carr has blasted politicians who have put up posters in Ardara.Whilst Glenties has remained poster-free, it seems every other spare posters has made its way up the road to Ardara, says Carr who lives in Glenties.He says he was shocked when out canvassing last night. “I know Ardara won a fantastic accolade as one of Ireland’s prettiest towns and congratulations, but this definitely was awarded before the political posters were allowed to go up for the elections,” said Brian.“To travel down the hill head and see what greets everyone is nearly unbelievable, poster after poster on poles, railings and every place that one could possibly be placed.“After leaving Glenties town which is totally poster free and to drive into this I must say was a shock. Speaking to people on the street before the 10k they are not happy at the complete lack of thought by the placement of all these posters. I’m sure I am not the only person that noticed this.” ELECTION 2014: ‘POSTERS IN ARDARA ARE DISGRACE’ – CARR was last modified: April 30th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ArdaraBrian CarrelectionGlentiesposters