Fluence announces largest Canadian battery storage project

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Energy Storage News:A vast new energy storage system – thought to be the largest of its kind in Canada to date with 48 MW/144 MWh capacity, will be built in the city of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.Fluence, the venture jointly owned by developer AES Corporation and Siemens, will provide energy storage technology and provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services. The company has signed an agreement for the project with PUC Services, an affiliate of the city’s designated Local Distribution Company (LDC) for electricity, PUC Distribution.The Fluence-PUC partnership will be used to offer energy management solutions to PUC’s biggest customers. Through use of the battery, businesses with a large energy profile should be able to save money on their monthly energy costs.As often reported by this site, Ontario pays for grid upgrades and decarbonisation partly through the Global Adjustment Charge, a peak demand pricing mechanism which levies higher rates on commercial customers than residential. This has led to numerous C&I projects that have been used to ‘peak shave’ businesses’ energy demand from the grid in the province, but nothing on the scale of this latest project announcement to date.Local news outlet The Sault Star carried a report about the project late last week. A Fluence spokesman said today that broadly, the report was correct but did mistakenly state that the capacity was expected to be 45 MW/165 MWh, which the Fluence representative corrected. The report also put some numbers on potential savings businesses could make. Some 357 business customers could save a total of CA$3 million (US$2.29 million) to CA$5 million savings annually between them, amounting to around CA$100 million over the course of the project’s lifetime.   More: Fluence’s latest Ontario project will be 48MW/144MWh for C&I customers Fluence announces largest Canadian battery storage projectlast_img read more


Arsene Wenger calls on referee Mike Dean to look again at Diego Costa antics

first_img Press Association Arsene Wenger has called on Mike Dean to review Diego Costa’s actions in Arsenal’s 2-0 loss at Stamford Bridge on Saturday as the Football Association awaits the referee’s report into a feisty game where the Chelsea striker was the main protagonist. Dean will file his report by Monday and the FA will decide whether Costa should face retrospective action and a possible three-match ban. “(Dean) let it go and I don’t know why,” Wenger said. “I would like Mike Dean to look at the whole action that happened during the game and see if he stands for his decision. “You have a fourth official, you have a linesman, the referee and they talk all game. They can tell you and they know Diego Costa. He is not a newcomer. “It is surprising. If I am a referee and I referee Diego Costa, I do not send somebody off quickly if he responds to it because you know he has been well provoked.” Wenger, though, did not condone Gabriel, who was sent off for reacting to Costa’s taunts, insisting even if a player is spat at he must keep his cool. Gabriel became involved after Costa grappled with Laurent Koscielny, pushing the defender in the face with his hands before catching him with a flailing arm. “You have to be above that,” Wenger added. The match officials should have been aware of Costa’s reputation during his first 14 months in the Premier League, says Wenger, but statistics show the striker did not commit a foul in the match. The Gunners boss rebuked Dean for allowing the running feud between Costa and Gabriel to continue before the Arsenal defender saw red. “To be professional, to me, is to deal with that. You can spit in my face and if it’s in a game then I will not respond. I do not guarantee that outside of the game. “The desire to win has to be above all of that.” Arsenal have been accused of having a soft underbelly in recent seasons and part of Wenger was pleased to see that his team would not be intimidated. “We are equipped to respond but we always have to keep control of our response,” he said. Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho chastised Gabriel for losing “emotional control”, insisting Costa kept his. Mourinho said: “Of course. That’s (the opinion of) people that don’t have the same opinion as I have. “When you work the way he did, his movement, his creation. He was fantastic. “The opponents have to keep emotional control, because to play against an attacking player that is aggressive, that goes to every ball, that fights for every ball, that is physical, it’s difficult.” Costa is “loved” by his team-mates and “trains like he plays – fantastic”, says Mourinho, who insists his players maintain control in opposition to the striker in training. Mourinho refused to say if Costa would rile him in opposition, saying it is challenging to play against Wayne Rooney, Christian Benteke, Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain. “But it’s because of these players that football is what football is and (there is) so much passion around, because they create passion,” Mourinho added. Had results gone against them Chelsea could have been bottom of the table on Saturday evening. Mourinho said: “I knew the teams had two points and we had four. “But I am not worried about that. I don’t believe in December we are fighting (to avoid) relegation.” Mourinho is looking for a third straight win at Walsall on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup Chelsea won in March, with Costa poised to be rested. Radamel Falcao is slated to start alongside John Terry. Mourinho maintains Arsenal have the squad to be champions after taking his record against Wenger to 15 played, one defeat. After successive losses – to Dinamo Zagreb and then Chelsea – Arsenal play at Tottenham in the League Cup on Wednesday. Wenger said: “It’s true that we played the last two games with 10 men in the second half and I hope we play one with 11 v 11. “(But) it’s another derby and that’s not guaranteed as well.” last_img read more


Brian Dozier’s dizzy spell turns out to be a false alarm for Dodgers

first_img“That’s when I called it quits for the night. I guess the protocol is to do an EKG.”Sign up for our Inside the Dodgers newsletter. Be the best Dodger fan you can be by getting daily intel on your favorite team. Subscribe here.Dozier said he had experienced irregular heartbeats all his life, so the EKG result did not cause him to worry. But he had never taken Zyrtec, the brand name of an antihistamine drug. According to the manufacturer’s website, some kinds of Zyrtec contain pseudoephedrine, a stimulant, whose side effects include possible dizziness.“No more Zyrtec for me,” Dozier said.The veteran second baseman said the dizziness lifted once he came out of the game.Coincidentally, Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen was hospitalized with a more serious heart issue last Thursday in Colorado. This one, however, was merely a false alarm. How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire LOS ANGELES — Heart problems are nothing to sneeze at, but it turns out Brian Dozier’s dizzy spell Monday night was not serious.Dozier was removed after the eighth inning of Monday night’s loss to the San Francisco Giants. A subsequent EKG test, which measures heart activity, produced an abnormal result.On Tuesday, Dozier was back in the leadoff spot and able to laugh about the whole incident.“Coming from Colorado (on Sunday), I had a lot of sinus issues, sickness feelings,” he said. “I took a Zyrtec before the game. I don’t take any kind of stimulant … coffee, I don’t do that stuff. Apparently (Zyrtec) has a little bit in it, which caught up to me in the sixth or seventh inning. I became very, very dizzy. Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start INJURY UPDATESPitcher John Axford was placed on the 10-day disabled list to make room for Tuesday’s starting pitcher, Alex Wood. Axford suffered a slight break on the tip of his right fibula Sunday in Colorado when he was struck by a ground ball. Roberts estimated Axford’s recovery time at 2-3 weeks.Jansen is still wearing a wireless heart monitor around his chest, five days after he suffered an atrial fibrillation. He ran sprints and walked the Dodger Stadium warning track, where he usually does his pregame conditioning run.Jansen said a hitter would stand in the batter’s box but not swing during his scheduled bullpen session on Wednesday.Right-hander Daniel Hudson (right forearm tightness) threw a brief simulated game at Dodger Stadium on Tuesday.Julio Urías will make his next rehabilitation start Wednesday for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga. Roberts said Urías will pitch two complete innings, then face one batter in the third.Chase Utley (left wrist inflammation) faced live pitching prior to Tuesday’s game. He and Max Muncy each got several at-bats against minor league pitcher Hunter Speer, a 23-year-old right-hander whom the Dodgers selected in the June draft.JARRIN RECOGNIZEDThe Southern California Sports Broadcasters organization announced that Spanish-language Dodgers announcer Jaime Jarrin will become the third recipient of its Vin Scully Lifetime Achievement Award at the SCSB’s annual awards luncheon, scheduled for Jan. 28, 2019.Jarrin, 82, began announcing Dodger games in Spanish in 1959. He became the longest-tenured announcer in major league baseball when Scully retired in 2017 after 67 seasons with the Dodgers.ALSOJoc Pederson will bat against a different minor league pitcher prior to Wednesday’s game, Roberts said. The Dodgers’ left-handed batters, including Pederson and Muncy, are getting relatively few starts this week by design. … After facing southpaw Derek Holland on Wednesday, the Dodgers are scheduled to face left-handed pitchers Friday (Wade LeBlanc) and Sunday (Marco Gonzales) in Seattle.UP NEXTDodgers (LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu, 3-0, 2.12 ERA) vs. Giants (LHP Derek Holland, 6-8, 3.97 ERA), Wednesday, 7 p.m., KTLA/5, SportsNet LA (where available), MLB Network (out of market only)Staff Writer Bill Plunkett contributed to this report.Related Articleslast_img read more