Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary on Friday said former pacer S. Sreesanth is indulging in empty talk by saying he can play for any other country.Recently, Sreesanth had hinted that he might spend the rest of his career playing for another country in the wake of the Kerala High Court’s decision to restore the life time ban on him.He had also pointed out that the BCCI had banned him from playing in India, but not the the International Cricket Council (ICC) and, therefore, he is free to play for any other country.”BCCI has imposed the ban, not ICC. If not India, I can play for any other country, because I am 34 now and I can only play for maximum six more years. As a person who loves cricket, I want to play cricket. And not only that, BCCI is a private firm; it is only us who say that this is the Indian team, but you know BCCI is a private body after all,” Sreesanth had said at an event in Dubai.Hitting back, Chaudhary said the ICC is very clear that any player who is banned by any full member can neither play for any other full member nor for any other association.The BCCI acting secretary added that all this is just empty talk and that the BCCI is very well aware of their legal position.On Tuesday, a division bench of the Kerala High Court had restored the life time ban imposed by the BCCI on Sreesanth in connection with the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal.advertisementAllowing the appeal filed by the BCCI, the division bench headed by Chief Justice held that there is no violation of natural justice against the cricketer and quashed the single bench order in Sreesanth’s favour..Earlier, the BCCI had appealed to the Division Bench of Kerala High Court against lifting the life-time ban on the tainted pacer.Sreesanth was banned by the BCCI for his alleged role in the IPL spot-fixing in 2013.A single-judge bench of the Kerala High Court had earlier passed an order that the bowler’s life-ban be lifted.The court had also dropped all the charges against Sreesanth after he filed a plea challenging the life ban imposed on him.
MS Dhoni and Hardik Pandya are great friends. On Thursday, the two added 70 runs for the 6th wicket and set up India’s 125-run win over West Indies to record their 5th win of the 2019 Cricket World Cup.India are now 2nd in the points table with 11 points from 6 matches and almost through to the semi-finals of World Cup 2019. India’s win was scripted by Virat Kohli who was named man-of-the-match for his 72 and Mohammed Shami who finished with 4 for 16.However, MS Dhoni, who had been criticised for his slow strike rate against Afghanistan on Saturday, scored a crucial 56 not out while Hardik Pandya made 46. The two men battled hard on a tricky pitch to help India finish with 268 for 7 off their 50 overs.Hardik made his day even more special after he dismissed Sunil Ambris to trigger a West Indies collapse. MS Dhoni, meanwhile, once again got the backing of his captain Virat Kohli who said Dhoni was very important to the team for several reasons.After the game, Hardik Pandya posted a cool photo with MS Dhoni.We keep going #TeamIndia pic.twitter.com/iV3Qxx0p48hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) June 27, 2019Speaking at the post-match presentation ceremony, Kohli said Dhoni knows what to do in the middle.”MS Dhoni knows exactly what he wants to do in the middle. When he has an off day here and there, everyone starts talking.”We always back him. He has won us so many games. The best thing about having someone like him is when you need those 15-20 runs, he knows exactly how to get them,” he said.advertisementKohli also praised the partnership between Hardik Pandya and MS Dhoni.”Hardik played really well and MS finished strongly. When those two play in that way, we always get to a good total.”Also See
New Delhi: Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has asked Directorate of Education (Delhi Government) to direct all government and public schools to visit their nearby police stations along with the students for celebrating friendship day with cops.The DCPCR letter accessed by Millennium Post reads that it is hereby requested to the Director Education to give direction/advisory amongst all the government and public schools to make a plan for the visit of their nearby police stations with school children to celebrate Friendship Day by tying friendship band made by the children only. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder”This will be an effort to help children get familiar with the police personnel and make them understand the support and help extended by the cops at time of need, emergency and threat,” reads the letter written by Jyoti Duhan Rathee, member DCPCR. “In some cases, we have found that children hesitate to approach the police. Through the initiative, we want to remove the fear or hesitation from children and make them comfortable,” said Jyoti Duhan Rathee. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsPlan to meet Police Chief Another letter was written to the Commissioner of Delhi Police regarding the children’s visit at Delhi Police Headquarters on Friendship Day. The letter reads that the DCPCR had planned to conduct one hour visit at Delhi Police Headquarters to interact with police chief on the occasion of Friendship Day with the group of government school children consisting both boys and girls and all the children above 13 years of age. “They will come along with their teachers. This will be an effort to get them familiar with the police personnel and make them understand the support and help extended by them at the time of need, emergency and threat,” wrote Jyoti Duhan Rathee. Recently a study conducted on 100 child rape victims by DCPCR found that 52 percent of the total child victims are currently studying in schools and the corresponding shares of school-goers among girls and boys are 51 percent and 67 percent respectively. “There is, however, a huge gap in educational attainment, as could be noticed in the share of dropped out children, who form 42 percent of the total sample,” revealed report.
During a trip to the Arctic aboard a Greenpeace ship, Actor Emma Thompson has spoken out about what she describes as a ‘culture of guilt’ around what’s needed to protect the Arctic and deal with global warming.The two time Oscar-winner urges people who feel powerless about the problem to stop feeling guilty and to use their voices to call for solutions that are already available.Speaking from the deck of the Greenpeace Esperanza, Emma said: “We’re told that it is all our fault, global warming — we want the fuel, we want our cars, and that the oil industry is merely responding to the needs of a greedy public. But that’s simply not fair. Most of us want to live cleaner lives, but our governments don’t make these things easily available.“The changes we need, that the Arctic needs, must come from the top as well as the bottom. We need electric cars to be cheaper and more accessible. We want safer bike lanes in every big city. We want plastic bags to be banned for good. We need governments to stand up to the dirty industries that have for so long funded and controlled them, and to give us all an affordable chance to live our lives in a more sustainable way.”The multi-award-winning actor and writer has embarked on a mission to the Arctic with her 14-year-old daughter Gaia, on the Greenpeace ship Esperanza. Along with Canadian Cree actor Michelle Thrush and her 14-year-old daughter Imajyn, the group has visited retreating glaciers, heard lectures on climate impacts in the north and the plastic crisis in our oceans, encountered walruses, seals and reindeer, and walked on the precarious sea ice.Emma continued: “Yes, keep recycling; keep using your own shopping bags, taking transit and using your bike. But also use your voice. Know that you have power and you can make your government listen. Above all, I hope that people stop feeling so guilty and powerless about climate change. That’s the lie that keeps us paralyzed when really together, we are so much more powerful.“But bear in mind that politicians often lose sight of issues that aren’t in front of them all the time. They can end up ignoring even something like climate change, which is possibly the most pressing challenge of our time. So we all need to be bold. Attend a rally, write to your local leaders. If tens of millions of us wrote to our leaders demanding action on the Arctic and climate change, well – that could change everything.”Emma’s trip to the Arctic is part of a global Greenpeace campaign that has attracted over five million people in just two years.During the journey, Tom Hanks, Russell Crowe, Gwyneth Paltrow, Hugh Grant, Rita Wilson and Stephen Fry have taken to twitter to voice their support for fellow actor and friend, who has been tweeting for the first time using the handle @savethearctic.Greenpeace is calling for a ban on dangerous oil drilling and industrial fishing in the Arctic, as well as the creation of a protected sanctuary in the international waters around the North Pole.Emma is also calling on Americans to attend the world’s largest climate march in New York this September, on the eve of Ban Ki-moon’s climate summit there.Emma is asking people to join the campaign at www.savethearctic.org/emma.
APTN National NewsOTTAWA–Aboriginal Affairs Minister Bernard Valcourt says the department will immediately cut funding and begin court action against any First Nation that refuses to comply with his government’s transparency law.Valcourt told reporters his department would be withholding funding for non-essential services like chief and council salaries, administrative costs and economic development projects. He also said the department would begin preparing the groundwork for court action against the non-compliant First Nation to force them to reveal their audited financial statements online. The deadline for complying passed Thursday at midnight.“First thing we are going to do is withhold funding; the process starts today,” said Valcourt. “The court order is a legal matter. In the next few days we will take steps to seek court orders against those who willfully refuse to follow the law.”Valcourt said funding for social services, health and education would not be impacted by the cuts.“We will not penalize the membership of the First Nation whose leadership refuses to comply with the law,” he said.The department released numbers on Thursday showing 52 First Nations had refused to comply with the law. The department said 529 First Nations have submitted their financial reports for posting by the department.Thunderchild Chief Delbert Wapass said his Saskatchewan community would not be complying with the law.“We are refusing to submit as well,” said Wapass.Onion Lake Cree Nation filed a $50 million court action against Ottawa Wednesday over the law. The oil-rich Saskatchewan First Nation’s statement of claim provides a glimpse at the department’s planned punitive steps against non-compliant First Nations.The document said the department planned to initiate two rounds of cuts to non-essential service, the first scheduled for Thursday and the second for Dec. 12. The document also alleges the department plans to terminate Onion Lake’s contribution on agreement also on Dec. 12. The contribution agreement includes funding for essential services.Valcourt would not comment on Onion Lake’s claim on termination of the funding agreement, saying the matter was before the [email protected]@APTNNewsThe ListDownload (PDF, Unknown)
Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 19, 2017 – The shipwrecked, MV Mega One Triton is in its last days on Governor’s Beach in Grand Turk as the consultant’s report on how to move the vessel is in says Tourism Minister, Hon Ralph Higgs. The Minister said the UK funded consultation with CWaves will continue into the tender process for a collaboration that will see the cargo boat, grounded in Grand Turk since Superstorm Sandy of 2012, removed safely from the beach.Minister Higgs said in a news release that: “I am grateful for the assistance of CWaves and their input which will help with the removal of Mega One Triton, which has become unsightly on one of our most popular beaches over the years. My Government stands firm on seeing the removal of this impediment in a timely manner.” While the boat has now become a habitat, one of the most photographed attractions in Grand Turk and even an exploratory site for some residents, the Minister is warning of the danger of entering the huge ship which is badly deteriorated and still with hazardous materials on board.In December, the former PNP Administration had announced that the tender contract was awarded for the removal of the MV Mega One Triton, there is no word on what happened to that contract. It had been a personal push for Grand Turk South MP, now Health Minister, Hon Edwin Astwood, to see the eyesore gone from the famous Grand Turk beach. Recommended for you Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force #MagneticNewsMedia #MVMegaGrandTurk Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia, #MVMegaGrandTurk