The National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) arrested Anita Kolopaking, the lawyer of graft convict Djoko Sugiarto Tjandra, on Saturday.National Police spokesperson Brig. Gen. Awi Setiyono said investigators arrested Anita after she was questioned as a suspect on Friday. The interrogation lasted until early Saturday, and the lawyer answered 55 questions from investigators. Read also: AGO looks into possible crimes in prosecutor’s alleged meetings with Djoko Tjandra abroadThe case implicated three high-ranking police generals, who were removed for their alleged role in helping the convict travel within the country.One of the generals, Brig. Gen. Prasetyo Utomo was named a suspect by the police for allegedly issuing forged travel letters for Djoko and Anita in his capacity as the head of Bareskrim’s Civil Servant Investigator Supervisory and Coordination Bureau.Asep Subahan, the subdistrict head of South Grogol in West Jakarta, was also dismissed for allegedly issuing an e-ID card for Djoko.The police eventually arrested Djoko in Malaysia on July 30 and brought him back home.The Law and Human Rights Ministry announced that Djoko had returned to Salemba detention center in Central Jakarta on Friday. He was previously detained in Bareskrim’s detention center to undergo several questionings.The ministry’s corrections directorate general spokesperson Rika Aprianti said Djoko was undergoing an orientation and 14-day self-isolation in an isolation cell as part of the COVID-19 health protocol for inmates.“After finishing his orientation and self-isolation, he will be placed in the prison with other convicts,” Rika said in a statement. (dpk)Topics : “Anita will be detained in Bareskrim’s detention center for the next 20 days,” Awi said on Saturday, as quoted by kompas.com.Bareskrim previously named Anita a suspect on July 30 and brought multiple charges against her for her alleged role in using forged letters to travel and helping a criminal on the run.The Supreme Court sentenced Djoko to two years of imprisonment in 2009 for his involvement in the high-profile Bank Bali corruption case. However, the businessman fled to Papua New Guinea a day before the court ruling.After a decade fleeing, Djoko managed to return to Indonesia undetected, have his new identity documents issued and file for a case review for his two-year prison sentence with the South Jakarta District Court.
Implications for internet An amicus brief filed by Netchoice, a trade group which includes Google, Facebook and Twitter, said a ban could have important implications for the global internet.”The government’s actions are unprecedented in scope,” the group said in its filing.A ban would “also create a dangerous precedent” for the open internet, the brief said.”The prohibition on any use of TikTok code by US developers for any purpose is effectively a ban on the building blocks of digital free expression.”The trade group said a TikTok ban may be cited by China or other countries “as justification for banning or restricting the activities of US internet businesses, including US-based social media platforms.”Earlier this month, Trump cited national security concerns and issued orders to ban both TikTok and the popular Chinese app WeChat, which has been put on hold in a separate court case in California.But the TikTok order stops short of a full ban until November 12, giving parent firm ByteDance time to conclude a deal to transfer ownership of the app.A tentative deal unveiled last weekend would make Silicon Valley giant Oracle the technology partner for TikTok and a stakeholder in a new entity to be known as TikTok Global. TikTok said Sunday it would “maintain our ongoing dialogue with the government” on the plan which got a preliminary approval last weekend from President Donald Trump.It was unclear if the deal would be approved by Beijing, where some consider the US move an unjustified appropriation of Chinese technology.Topics : “We will continue defending our rights for the benefit of our community and employees.”For the injunction, Nichols heard arguments on the free-speech and national security implications of the Trump ban on the Chinese-owned app in a rare Sunday telephone hearing.TikTok lawyer John Hall said a ban would be “punitive” and close off a public forum used by tens of millions of Americans.In a written brief filed ahead of the hearing, TikTok lawyers said the ban was “arbitrary and capricious” and “would undermine data security” by blocking updates and fixes to the app.The company also said the ban was unnecessary because negotiations were already underway to restructure the ownership of TikTok to address national security issues raised by the administration.Government lawyers argued the president has a right to take national security actions, and said the ban was needed because of TikTok’s links to the Chinese government through its parent firm ByteDance.A government brief called ByteDance “a mouthpiece” for the Chinese Communist Party and said it was “committed to promoting the CCP’s agenda and messaging.”After the judge’s order, the Commerce Department said in a statement it would comply with the injunction but “intends to vigorously defend the [executive order]… from legal challenges.”University of Richmond law school professor Carl Tobias called Sunday’s order “a pragmatic splitting of the baby for the short term, to give a little time for them to resolve the disputes and come to a resolution.”Tobias said an appeal is possible but that the legal teams may choose to “try to work out a resolution to the broader legal clash” with the judge. The Trump administration order had sought to ban new downloads of the app from midnight (0400 GMT Monday) but would allow use of TikTok until November 12, when all usage would be blocked. The judge denied TikTok’s request to suspend the November 12 ban.The decision represents a temporary win for TikTok, which has 100 million US users. But the court has yet to consider the merits of the legal arguments on whether the social platform should remain available to Americans.TikTok has argued that even a temporary ban would be devastating and cause the company irreparable harm by stunting its growth and hurting its commercial reputation.”We’re pleased that the court agreed with our legal arguments and issued an injunction,” TikTok said in a statement. TikTok won a last-minute reprieve late Sunday as a US federal judge halted enforcement of a politically charged ban ordered by the Trump administration on downloads of the popular video app, hours before it was set to take effect.District Judge Carl Nichols issued a temporary injunction at the request of TikTok, which the White House has called a national security threat stemming from its Chinese parent firm’s links to the Beijing government.The opinion was sealed, so no reason for the decision was released in a brief order by the court in Washington. The judge may unseal portions of the order after consulting with lawyers from both sides.
Romelu Lukaku sends class message to Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in Ian Wright interview
Romelu Lukaku sends class message to Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in Ian Wright interview Comment by Metro Romelu Lukaku reflected on his Man Utd career in an interview with Ian Wright (Picture: YouTube)Romelu Lukaku insists he wishes ‘nothing but the best’ for his former club Manchester United and has praised manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in an interview with Arsenal hero Ian Wright.Belgian striker Lukaku completed a £75million move to Old Trafford from Everton in 2017 but endured a mixed couple of seasons at United before leaving last summer.Lukaku scored 27 goals in his first campaign for the Premier League giants, helping Jose Mourinho’s United finish second in the league and reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.But the forward struggled during the 2018-19 campaign and was then sold to Inter Milan, where he is once again flourishing under former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT ‘It’s a club that gave me aplatform that I’ve never seen in my life, so for me to be disrespectful aboutMan U or any other club I played for in England I think is a bit childish.‘I think I went past that stage of talking back to people. I wish them the best and have nothing but respect for them.’Lukaku also says Manchester United manager Solskjaer wanted him to stay ahead of his move to Italy.He added: ‘One bad year can happen to everybody in their career. It was just done for me.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘You know what happened behind the scenes, it was just done. For me, it was done.‘It was a difficult situation where for myself I had to make a decision where I have to go somewhere where I can learn other aspects of my game and work with somebody that wanted me as well.‘Ole wanted me to stay, but I told him I was over. I didn’t have the energy.‘All credit to him because he’s been a man and he helped me make the move away.’MORE: Gary Neville trolls Jamie Carragher over Premier League and Champions LeagueMORE: Arsenal make Aubameyang transfer decision as Manchester United prepare £50m bid Skip Ad PLAY Advertisement Video Settings Metro Sport ReporterFriday 20 Mar 2020 8:45 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.4kShares About Connatix V67539 Top articles Read More Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling 1/1 Full Screen Skip 1 min. story Read More Read More Read More Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Advertisement / Read the latest updates: Coronavirus news liveDespite being let go by Manchester United, Lukaku insists he holds no ill feelings towards his former club and wishes them ‘nothing but the best’‘They’re going the right way because they’re bringing in the right players,’ Lukaku said in an interview with Arsenal and England legend Wright.‘Ole is doing a good job and the results are going for them. I’m wishing them nothing but the best. Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Read More Coming Next SPONSORED
Facebook Twitter Google+ Skating behind the play on Saturday against Rochester Institute Technology, Syracuse freshman forward Taylor Curtis called for the puck, coming closer to the unguarded net.Still without a defender near her, Curtis gathered a feed from across the ice and easily placed away the first goal of her career.A day after tallying her first point with an assist, Curtis became one of three new goal scorers for Syracuse (11-17-2, 10-5-1 College Hockey Association) last weekend. Curtis joined sophomore defender Allie Olnowich and freshman forward Ronnie Callahan, who both scored the day before.With the additional three scorers from the wins over RIT, Syracuse now has 16 different goal scorers on the season, with Avery as the only player in double-digits. All but two of SU players that have played in every game this season have scored a goal. After scoring one goal over the three-game stretch leading up to SU’s matchups with RIT, the Orange scored 13 in two games.“As an opposing coach, that’s the kiss of death when you hear ‘and their first career goal,’ especially this late in the year,” head coach Paul Flanagan said. “For us, that was a good omen when you have three people get their first career goal.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textCurtis’ assist to Callahan on Friday was more meaningful than just a first for both players. The two played together on a Massachusetts-based club team, the East Coast Wizards, prior to coming to Syracuse.“It’s helped us that we’ve played together before,” Curtis said. “I know we were both thrilled to get our first goals this weekend. It was huge.”In the first game of the two-game series against RIT, six minutes into the third period, Olnowich skated into the offensive zone. With three Tiger defenders standing in front of net, Olnowich decided to try her luck at goal. Firing the puck in the gap between two of the RIT skaters, Olnowich sniped her first career goal into the back of the net.To have young players succeed early in their careers and on the same night was great, junior defender Allie Munroe said.Entering last weekend’s series, the Orange had scored one goal in its past three games. While RIT is much weaker than No. 2 Clarkson, No. 5 Cornell or Mercyhurst, who is currently second in the CHA, the offense’s 13-goal outburst against RIT and the celebration of three new goal-scorers is nothing but a positive sign.“I think it was really important to get the monkey off our back from the last three games,” Flanagan said. “That’s just sports … things are cyclical sometimes within a season.” Comments Published on February 15, 2018 at 12:22 am Contact Adam: [email protected] | @_adamhillman