Iran retaliated by launching a volley of missiles at an Iraqi base hosting US soldiers days later.The US leads an international coalition — comprised of dozens of countries and thousands of soldiers — formed in Iraq in 2014 to confront the Islamic State, a jihadist group that Baghdad declared defeated in late 2017. While IS has lost its territory, sleeper cells remain capable of carrying out attacks.The Iraqi parliament voted to expel all foreign soldiers from the country in the wake of the killing of Soleimani, a decision that must be executed by the government. The outgoing government, which resigned in December in the face of mass protests, has yet to be replaced due to a lack of agreement in parliament — one of the most divided in Iraq’s recent history. Topics : An American soldier and a British soldier, as well as one US contractor, were killed Wednesday when rockets hit an Iraqi military base north of Baghdad, a US military official said.It was the deadliest attack on an installation hosting foreign troops in several years and comes after a spate of rocket attacks targeting US troops across Iraq as well as the US embassy in Baghdad. There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Washington has blamed Iran-backed factions for similar attacks. The Iraqi army had earlier said the attack against the Taji base did not wound anyone or cause any damage, in what was the 22nd attack against American military interests in the country since late October.Previous rocket attacks targeting US soldiers, diplomats and facilities in Iraq in recent months have killed one US contractor and an Iraqi soldier. Two days after the death of an American in rockets fired on an Iraqi military base in Kirkuk at the end of last year, the US army hit five bases in Iraq and Syria used by the pro-Iran armed faction Kataeb Hezbollah.Tensions then rose further between arch foes Washington and Tehran, leading to the assassination in Baghdad on January 3 of the powerful Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani and an Iraqi paramilitary commander in a US drone strike.
Tipperary are on a roll heading into tomorrows National Football League clash with Down.The Premier County lie 3rd in Division 2 ahead of the trip to Newry on the back of 3 wins, a draw and a defeat.Ballyporeen’s Conor Sweeney says the wins against Louth and Meath set Tipp up nicely Liam Kearns has named an unchanged side from that which started against Louth last weekend.Tipp FM’s live updates of this Sunday’s game between Tipperary and Down comes in association with Eldon’s Bar Clonmel and Walsh Barbers shop, Mitchell Street, Clonmel.
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comment (1) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. 0 Vote up Vote down Stacy · 272 weeks ago It should say Lanie Thurman instead Bill Mock in 3rd place for the 2nd flight. Report Reply 0 replies · active 272 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments 2015 Scott Rice Memorial Scholarship winners.Sumner Newscow report â€” The rain held off enough Saturday so that the Scott Rice Memorial Golf Tournament could be played at the Wellington Golf Club Saturday.Â Ileena Arnett and Ian Young of Caldwell were named the Rice scholarship recipients.The following are the team winners of the 2015 Scott Rice Memorial Tournament:First Flight Â Â 1st 55: $80 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Rusty Lane, Nick Edge, Bo McGown, Justin Ryan. Â Â 2nd 56: $60 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Darren McDorman, Mark Bales, Gary Richmond, Derek Harrison. Â Â 3rd 57: $40 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Carter Benecke, Chaney Stallbaumer, Chad Whaley, Nick Becker. Â Â Â Â Second Flight Â Â 1st 65: $80 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Tim Webster, Alec Webster, Braden Lebeda, Mike Lebeda. Â Â 2nd 66: $60 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Sean Blosser, Tim Blosser, Marty Blosser, Lesly Blosser. Â Â 3rd 66: $40 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Bill Mock, Taylor Roop, Byron White, Breck Roop. Â Â Â Â Third Flight Â Â 1st 72: $80 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Phil Harper, Jim Bolden, Doug Kinney, Denny Harper. Â Â 2nd 73: $60 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Weston Almond, Matt Johnston, Zach Johnston, Joel Hartman. Â Â 3rd 74: $40 each Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Zach Turner, Equis Woodin, Billie Jackson, Eric Eaton.Follow us on Twitter.
Florida has declared a state of emergency to help fight the coronavirus outbreak as millions of Americans gear up for spring break. The state is a popular destination and its beaches draw crowds annually, but tourism officials said they are worried about the impact the outbreak will have on businesses this year. As Florida’s busy spring break season kicked off this month, coronavirus czar Vice President Mike Pence addressed something that’s been on the mind of tens of thousands of families preparing to travel to Orlando theme parks: Are they safe?Over the weekend, Pence stressed it is safe for healthy Americans to travel, noting “one of our favorite places to go when my children were young and even before my children came was in Orlando.”“Whether it be Disney World, whether it be other destination, whether it be cruise ships … those most at risk are seniors with serious or chronic underlying health conditions.”“Otherwise Americans can confidently travel in this country,” Pence said at a meeting with cruise industry officials in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday.Many tourists are opting to drive rather than fly to Florida.Still, as COVID-19 concerns multiply, the issue weighs heavily in the tourism industry.