About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Jones expecting imminent decision on Stoke futureby Freddie Taylor24 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNathan Jones expects Stoke City to clarify his position imminently.The club have two points from nine games and los 3-2 to Nottingham Forest on Friday night.Jones has been at the club since January but has been unable to turn around their fortunes.He said to reporters about his position: “If results don’t improve, I fully expect a decision to be made on my future. I fully expect it and I have no argument about it, absolutely not.”If I’m honest, if this wasn’t such the club that it was, and has the owners it has, I would’ve been gone a while ago because my results haven’t been good enough and I know that.”I’m under no illusions, just as I knew in my previous job I was not untouchable, but, I was in a very secure position because my win rate was 55 per cent and we’d been promoted and we’d changed everything about it.”We’ve changed a lot here but we haven’t got results and that’s the be-all and end-all. So trust me, I fully expect if I don’t get results in the next few games that a decision will be made on my future.”
Twitter/@dariusruckerDarius Rucker is a huge South Carolina fan, but he’s not going too crazy with expectations for the Gamecocks in Will Muschamp’s first year. All he wants is a bowl game. Any bowl game.If South Carolina reaches six wins this year, the country star and former leader of Hootie and the Blowfish will play a concert at the famous ‘Horseshoe’ on his alma mater’s campus.Rucker agreed to the arrangement after receiving a tweet suggestion from a ‘Cocks fan. School president Harry Pastides quickly agreed.I think if we get 6 wins this season @dariusrucker should have another concert on the horseshoe— Croc (@WhiteJungleboi) August 10, 2016I’m dying to play the horseshoe. Start a petition tell them I’m in!! https://t.co/mgiW6vV9WF— Darius Rucker (@dariusrucker) August 10, 2016No need for a petition…consider it done! Darius in concert on the ‘Shoe after we get to 6! https://t.co/FMKYZ56Cpa— Harris Pastides (@HarrisPastides) August 11, 2016This isn’t the first time Rucker has put a performance on the line with South Carolina athletics, although this is a show he definitely wants to have. Last June, the country star serenaded ESPN’s Mike Golic with the Notre Dame fight song, after Golic’s Fighting Irish women’s basketball team beat the Gamecocks in the Final Four.With an SEC schedule, getting to six wins won’t be easy for South Carolina this season. Win at Vanderbilt, vs. ECU, at Kentucky, vs. UMass, vs. Missouri, and vs. Western Carolina. That’s probably the easiest path.[The State]
NEW YORK, N.Y. – The Gap is stepping in to the men’s athleisure wear game, which has exploded in recent years.The clothes are intended to be formal enough to wear to the office, at least on casual Friday, and suitable for the gym or yoga studio directly afterward.Gap’s Hill City brand will roll out in mid-October at hillcity.com and will be on display at 50 of the clothing chain’s Athleta stores, which sell technical, athletic clothing for women.The Gap Inc. is struggling with weak sales and follows others in recognizing a sustained demand for work-to-yoga studio clothing.Last month VF Corp., which makes Wrangler and Lee jeans, said it would break off its denim division to focus on its faster-growing brands like The North Face, Timberland, Altra, Icebreaker and Williamson-Dickie.
BURLINGTON, Ont. — Ikea Canada has named Michael Ward as its new president.Ward replaces Marsha Smith, who is moving to join Ikea United Kingdom and Ireland.The home furnishings retailer says Ward started at the company in Canada as part of a one-year internship program in 1986 and later moved onto positions in Sweden, the Netherlands and the United States.He served most recently in a global role at Ikea as regional retail manager.Ward officially stepped into his new job on Jan. 1.Ikea Canada has 14 stores.The Canadian Press
Jammu: Seven Pakistani posts across the LoC were destroyed as the Indian Army retaliated to cross border shelling by Pakistani troops who targeted border areas in Rajouri and Poonch districts, officials said Tuesday.There have been several casualties to Pakistani troops too, they said. As a precautionary measure, all schools along the borderline in Poonch and Rajouri districts have been closed by authorities in view of the Pakistani shelling. On Monday, a BSF inspector and a five-year-old girl were among three persons killed while 24 others were injured as Pakistani troops heavily shelled forward areas along the Line of Control in Poonch district, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate “befittingly”, said officials.
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez recently claimed he is still keeping track of John Stones’ performance in Manchester City.The coach is far from being alone as someone who enjoys and appreciates the growth of Stones during his stay in City. Martinez is known to have been interested in the youngster while in Wigan, but got the chance to work with him a few months later – when he moved to Everton.Even though Stones did not show his full potential, it was enough to prove to Pep Guardiola and co. that he is worth the money.Report: City are stunned by Norwich George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Manchester City was stunned by Norwich City in todays Premier League clash.Much has been made in recent days of the potential impact of Aymeric…“I was scouting John for Wigan and we missed him on deadline day, and then he signed for Everton in January 2013,” Martinez reminisced, according to Manchester Evening News.“He hadn’t made his debut when I joined Everton that summer, but, from day one, I knew John had to be a centre-half and he had the composure on the ball to play there.”“It was a really interesting journey to see him grow and taking responsibility and get to the level he has got to. He has a big future,” Martinez went on to add.
Brazil legend Ronaldo Nazario expects a “spectacular match” between Barcelona and Real Madrid in tonight’s Copa del Rey encounter.The two Spanish giants will face off against one another for a place in the final of the competition with the first leg to take place tonight at Camp Nou.Real, in particular, are keen to get their revenge on Barcelona following October’s humiliating 5-1 defeat in La Liga last time out in October.As for Barcelona, the chance of winning a fifth consecutive Copa del Rey title is within sight with manager Ernesto Valverde having expressed his enthusiasm in taking on Real over a two-legged tie.And Ronaldo, who played for both clubs during his own playing career, cannot wait for the match to get started.“It’s a spectacular match,” said Ronaldo, according to Marca.“The best Clasico in world football. It’s incredible to play in these games.“The atmosphere is great and let’s hope the footballing gods give us a great game tonight.”La Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…Ronaldo, who won the Copa del Rey at Barcelona and two La Liga titles with Real, left reporters in no doubts over where his allegiance lies for tonight.“There is no favourite,” said Ronaldo.“It’s an important game. I have a special history with [Real] Madrid and let’s hope Madrid win.“It’s clear that whoever is ahead, I want Valladolid to win, but they are two great clubs.“Madrid are playing very well, they’ve found a great dynamic, have reinvented themselves and have young players. But then you have [Lionel] Messi and company, who are spectacular.”Isco has been included in the Real squad for the game, despite his struggles for opportunities under head coach Santiago Solari this season, while Barcelona academy star Carles Aleña is hoping to get a chance tonight himself.The match at Camp Nou will begin at 9:00 PM (CET).
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai City Council approved an ordinance at their meeting on Wednesday, February 21, to appropriate $1,600 for a new eagle camera. Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-Eagle-Cam-upgrade.mp3VmJennifer-on-Eagle-Cam-upgrade.mp300:00RPd
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Troopers responded to a reported burglary in progress off of Kalifornsky Beach Road in Kasilof, on Sunday. Charges have been filed and warrants have been requested for Deboard for two counts Burglary 2nd and one count each of Burglary 1st, Theft 1st and Criminal Mischief 4th. Anyone with information about the side by side or the whereabouts of Deboard is urged to call Alaska State Troopers at 262-4453 or Peninsula Crimestoppers at 283-8477. Still missing, is a green 675cc Honda Pioneer side by side ATV. It has four seats and a full roll cage, as well as a distinctive crack in the windshield. In addition, three ATVS had been stolen. The majority of the items, including two of the ATVs were recovered nearby in two separate caches in a wooded area. According to an online Trooper dispatch, the suspect fled minutes prior to AST arrival. Investigation led to the suspect being identified as Scott Allan Deboard, age 23 of Kasilof. Deboard was found to have made forced entry into the residence, a woodshed and a detached garage. Numerous items were stolen, to include thousands of dollars in camping/outdoors equipment and power tools.