Troy Malcolm award – Oscar SanftRoxy Winder award – Kirsty Quince Australian 18’s Boys captain, Oscar Sanft, was given the Troy Malcolm award, while Australian 20’s Girls player, Kirsty Quince, was the recipient of the Roxy Winder award. 18’s GirlsPlayers Player – Emily ReedCoaches Award – Sarah PeattieEncouragement Award – Charlotte Caslick20’s Girls Players Player – Emilee CherryCoaches Award – Kirsty Quince18’s BoysPlayers Player – Brentt Warr and Zach StrasserCoaches Award – Simon Lang20’s BoysPlayers Player – Nick GoodCoaches Award – Dylan Thompson
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Jones expecting imminent decision on Stoke futureby Freddie Taylor24 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNathan Jones expects Stoke City to clarify his position imminently.The club have two points from nine games and los 3-2 to Nottingham Forest on Friday night.Jones has been at the club since January but has been unable to turn around their fortunes.He said to reporters about his position: “If results don’t improve, I fully expect a decision to be made on my future. I fully expect it and I have no argument about it, absolutely not.”If I’m honest, if this wasn’t such the club that it was, and has the owners it has, I would’ve been gone a while ago because my results haven’t been good enough and I know that.”I’m under no illusions, just as I knew in my previous job I was not untouchable, but, I was in a very secure position because my win rate was 55 per cent and we’d been promoted and we’d changed everything about it.”We’ve changed a lot here but we haven’t got results and that’s the be-all and end-all. So trust me, I fully expect if I don’t get results in the next few games that a decision will be made on my future.”
New Delhi: Saudi Oil Minister Khalid al-Falih is making his second visit to India in less than three weeks to attend the wedding of richest Indian Mukesh Ambani’s son Akash. Akash Ambani is tying the knot with Shloka Mehta, daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta and Mona Mehta at a grand ceremony in Mumbai on Saturday. Sources privy to the development said the Saudi oil minister will visit Mumbai for the wedding and will also make a brief stopover in the national capital to have a conversation with Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and other industry leaders. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in SepAl-Falih, who has known Ambani for over a decade now, had previously travelled to Udaipur in December last year to attend the pre-wedding festivities of Ambani’s daughter Isha’s marriage with industrialist Ajay Piramal’s son Anand. Akash and Isha’s wedding will take place at the newly built Jio World Centre in Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai. The wedding festivities kickstarted on February 23 with a grand bash in St. Moritz, Switzerland. The couple got engaged in June 2018 and celebrated the occasion with a string of lavish parties in Mumbai. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsAl-Falih last visited India on February 20 as part of the high-level delegation that travelled with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for a bilateral visit. When he last visited the Ambanis in December 2018, the Saudi oil minister had tweeted that the world’s largest oil exporter Saudi Arabia and Ambani-run Reliance Industries are discussing joint investments in petrochemicals, refinery and communications projects. At the time of the February 20 visit, Saudi Aramco CEO Amin Al-Nasser had spoken about talks with Reliance for investments in refinery and petrochemical projects. Reliance operates two refineries at Jamnagar with a total capacity of 68.2 million tonnes per annum. Reliance plans to expand its only-for-exports SEZ refining capacity to just over 41 million tonnes from the current 35.2 million tonnes but does not have any plans to set up a new refinery in the country. It is presently focused on expanding petrochemicals and telecom business, industry sources said. Crude oil is the basic raw material for the manufacturing of petrochemicals. Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, is keen to get a foothold in the world’s fastest-growing fuel market so as to get a captive customer for the crude oil it produces. Saudi Aramco, the world’s biggest oil company, and its partner Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (ADNOC) have picked up 50 per cent stake in a planned USD 44-billion refinery in Maharashtra but the project is facing problems in land acquisition. Aramco and ADNOC will together hold 50 per cent stake in the 60 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) refinery and adjacent 18 MTPA petrochemical complex planned to be built at Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra by 2025. The two will supply half of the crude oil required for processing at the refinery. Like other major producers, the two are looking to lock in customers in the world’s third-largest oil consumer through the investment. Kuwait too is looking to invest in projects in return for getting an assured offtake of their crude oil. Saudi Aramco is also keen on retailing fuel in India. A refinery in India can also be a base for it to export fuel to deficit countries in Europe and the Americas. India has a refining capacity of 247.6 million tonnes, which exceeds the demand of 206.2 million tonnes. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), this demand is expected to reach 458 million tonnes by 2040.
Election manifestos of political parties contesting the ongoing Lok Sabha elections seem to have one thing in common. None of them, including nationally present BJP and Congress, produced an economic manifesto, clearly specifying economic goals that will push industrial investment, create new employment and income for millions of the country’s unemployed youths in the coming five years. Domestic industrial investments witnessed a downtrend for almost seven consecutive years. Imports are galloping. The last five years saw a very week export growth compared to the previous 10 years. Imports are taking away domestic jobs. None of the major political parties seems to have plans to tackle it. New project investments have been the lowest in 12 quarters at about Rs 1 lakh crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2018, data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) showed. This number is the lowest in 14 years, since mid-2004. Economic manifestos are practically blank on such matters. Also Read – A special kind of bondBJP’s election manifesto, promising investment of Rs 100-lakh crore in infrastructure over the next five years and pension to marginal farmers seem to be over-ambitious. Experts say that the promises if implemented would have a huge impact on the country’s exchequer. The slowdown in several economic indicators adds the scepticism towards the actual implementation of such decisions. The party’s Rs 100-lakh crore investment resolution by 2014 in the infrastructure sector raised eyebrows in many quarters. Also Read – Insider threat managementExpressing astonishment over the promised investment, N R Bhanumurthy, professor at National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, said that it is unrealistic as the amount is over 50 per cent of the country’s current GDP. Former chief statistician Pronab Sen said that the political parties do not actually tend to spend the money they promise in manifestos. During the budget presentation, they would come out with more pragmatic proposals. BJP reiterated its promise to double farm income by 2022, extend PM-KISAN scheme to all farmers, and give pension for small and marginal farmers. The ‘Sankalpit Bharat, Sashakt Bharat’, also pledged an investment of Rs 25-lakh crore to improve productivity in the farm sector. The Congress party’s economic manifesto is equally ambitious and unclear. The biggest takeaways from the manifesto are Congress’s flagship scheme NYAY that promises to eliminate poverty by 2030 and gives assurance to fill 22-lakh job vacancies within the government to boost employment. Few will disagree that the government is over-employed. A substantial portion of the government’s expenditure is now spent on administrative expenses, including massive salaries and perks to employees and payments towards pensions. Why does it want to further burden the government and its budget expenditure by filling up 22-lakh job vacancies? Why not expand industry and trade and minimise imports? Why talk of 2030, when the next government’s life ends in May 2024? A key focus of NYAY (Nyuntam Aay Yojana), according to Congress president Rahul Gandhi, is: “Garibi pe war, saal me 72,000 hazar (War on poverty, Rs 72,000 per year)”. The party has promised to create a new ministry of industry, services and employment in its bid to underline the link between the growth of the industry and services sectors and rapid creation of jobs. Congress has also promised to create 10 lakh jobs in gram sabhas. But, it is silent on how to pay for these jobs and the benefits they will bring to taxpayers. Few political parties had undertaken any serious background research on what ails the economy, reasons behind the slowdown in industrial investment, impact of new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), IoT, blockchain, digitisation and machine learning on India’s industry and the future job market. More importantly, there is no mention of how the next ruling political party wishes to exploit India’s attractive consumption-oriented market with the high growth of the middle-class and rising disposable income. According to NRI Consulting, an affiliate of Japanese major Nomura Holdings, only 15 per cent of what is consumed in India is made by its domestic manufacturing industry, limiting the country’s ability to create employment opportunities. It said that micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), if nurtured well, can bridge the gap and create 10 million jobs in the next 4-5 years. “This could be done by following a market-oriented approach for MSMEs, wherein organised private sector participants invest in capacity building of the MSMEs against a valid for-profit business case with long term benefits,” the research firm said in a note on the Indian market, amid the political debate on jobs and joblessness. The MSME sector remained the highest job provider creating almost 36 million jobs, which was about 70 per cent in the entire manufacturing sector in 2017-18. “A deep dive into product groups manufactured in various clusters in India suggests that a dedicated focus on developing these MSMEs can create additional 7.5 to10 million employment opportunities in the next 4-5 years through partial substitution of imports,” Japan-based NRI Consulting said. However, not many in the BJP-led government seem to have any idea about the time it should take to make the so-called ‘Make-in-India’ drive successful and productive. Reckless imports of consumer goods and industrial products — from steel, automotive tyres to consumer electronics — have turned many of our MSMEs sick. For a specific instance, India’s top three homegrown mobile phone makers posted an accelerated fall in revenue in FY18, accounting for less than a quarter of the sales value generated by their Chinese rivals, Registrar of Companies filings show. India’s poll-bound political parties may not be interested in such details for preparation of their economic manifestos. Marketing unemployment ‘doles’ appears to be easier, catchier and a more favourable option than creating viable employment opportunities. Wish political parties questioned why India’s industrial growth fell to its lowest in 20 months last February. (The views expressed are strictly personal)
A keenly anticipated peace conference for Syria will convene in Geneva on November 23, Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi said on Sunday after meeting international peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi.Arabi acknowledged that there were still obstacles to holding the conference, as Western and Arab governments prepare to meet Syrian opposition leaders on Tuesday to attempt to persuade them to attend.Arabi made the comment to reporters after meeting the UN-Arab League envoy for Syria at the bloc’s Cairo headquarters, on the first leg of a regional tour Brahimi is conducting ahead of the conference. “It was decided that the Geneva II conference will be held on November 23, and preparations are underway for this conference,” Arabi said.The top Arab diplomat warned, however, that there were still hurdles to convening the already much-delayed meeting.“There are many difficulties that must be overcome for this conference to succeed,” he said.Brahimi refused to publicly set a date for the conference, saying it would be announced after he concluded his tour.The envoy told reporters after meeting Arabi that he would travel to Qatar, Turkey, Iran, Syria and then Geneva for talks with Russian and US representatives.
It’s time for Jaamal Berry to leave the Ohio State football program. Not for a couple days, games, or weeks. He needs to go. Permanently. After being charged for assault, battery and disorderly conduct Wednesday, based on an Oct. 21 incident in Columbus, Berry was suspended from the team. But head coach Luke Fickell needs to set a precedent for the post-Jim Tressel era of football at OSU and kick Berry off the team. This isn’t Berry’s first run-in with the law. He was allegedly involved in another assault as recently as Sept. 28 and was arrested for marijuana possession before even enrolling at OSU. The bottom line is he can’t stay out of trouble. I’m all for second chances. Young adults are going to make mistakes, but at some point somebody needs to draw the line. And the line at OSU should be a little stricter than at other schools because of everything the program has been through. With Tat-gate and all the ensuing insanity it caused for the program, OSU has had enough negative headlines for a lifetime. Berry and any other distractions just add fuel to the already negative image OSU has attached itself to. OSU has always portrayed itself as a program of integrity. Ever since Woody Hayes, OSU football was at least perceived as a program that won and won the right way. The mentality has been a core facet in OSU’s success ever since. It brought in talented recruits and created a product people wanted to cheer for. Tressel carried on the image, but with his tumultuous exit, that image was destroyed. Now the program is in a transition period. It’s up to Fickell to rebuild the image and restore the luster of the program. By kicking Berry off the team, Fickell takes the first step in the rebuilding process. He tells the rest of the college football world that OSU will not stand for bad behavior and actions that embarrass the program and compromise what it represents. But more important than telling everyone else, Fickell would be sending a message to his team. The sturdiest structures are solid at their foundation and the foundation of a football team will always be the football players. If Fickell can send a message to the most fundamental level of the program, the larger and more complicated matters will take care of themselves. I’m sure it’s difficult to look a kid in the eye and tell him he’s no longer wanted. You’re about to change the player’s entire life, but playing football for the Buckeyes is a privilege. It sounds cliché, but there are hundreds of other athletes who would love the opportunity to run out of the scarlet tunnel into Ohio Stadium on a fall Saturday afternoon. If someone compromises their opportunity, not just once, but multiple times, that player obviously doesn’t value it and should be dismissed. Suspending Berry from the team was a good first step and makes sense legally, but Fickell needs to finish the job and show Berry out.
Redshirt-senior defensive lineman Kosta KarageorgeCredit: Courtesy of OSU AthleticsMoments before coach Urban Meyer addressed the media on Monday, an Ohio State spokesman said the school is unable to comment on the investigation surrounding the death of walk-on senior defensive lineman Kosta Karageorge or the medical treatment he received at OSU.Karageorge’s body was found Sunday afternoon near his apartment in Columbus after being reported missing on Wednesday. Columbus Police said the cause of death appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.The Columbus native had last been seen around 2 a.m. on Wednesday. According to The Columbus Dispatch, Karageorge’s family was concerned his disappearance had something to do with concussion-related injuries, of which he reportedly had a history.During his Monday press conference, Meyer said Karageorge’s death is an “incredible tragedy.”Meyer added that Karageorge “loved” his time as a football player at OSU. He joined the team in August after competing as a varsity wrestler for three seasons for the Buckeyes.On Friday, the OSU Department of Athletics released statements from Meyer and team physician Dr. Jim Borchers. Borchers’ statement said he was “not able to discuss or comment about the medical care regarding our student-athletes.”After police confirmed Karageorge’s body had been found, OSU athletics released a statement expressing the shock and sadness of learning of the player’s death.“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Karageorge family, and those who knew him, during this most difficult time,” the statement said.When asked about how the OSU handled Karageorge’s health, Meyer said he could not comment but expressed his faith in the medical staff.“This is the best group of medical people I’ve ever been around,” Meyer said.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Happy Hours All Weekend at Outback Steakhouse Bahamian music legend gunned down at home in Turks and Caicos Bi-lateral talks with Bahamas to resume, UK gives green light to high-level TCI delegation Recommended for you Related Items:bahamas, rugby, Tci Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 14 Apr 2015 – This weekend it is The Bahamas vs the home team, Turks and Caicos in Rugby at the Meridian Field. The main event is at 4pm this Saturday, April 18 but there is planned an exhibition match featuring the ladies at 3pm and the juniors will play at half time. Admission to the field is free.