Ras Laffan Terminal Operations Notches 5,000 Loadings

first_img My location 此页面无法正确加载 Google 地图。您是否拥有此网站?确定 zoom Qatargas’ Ras Laffan Terminal Operations (RLTO) marked the loading of its 5000th cargo on October 13, the equivalent of more than two billion barrels of product. The 5000th cargo also marks the first cargo of ultra-low Sulphur diesel from Ras Laffan Port. Ultra-low Sulphur diesel, with less than 10 parts per million of Sulphur is an environmentally friendlier fuel, produced by Laffan Refinery’s Diesel Hydrotreater, commissioned earlier this year.RLTO is responsible for the storage and loading of all non-LNG liquid hydrocarbon products and bulk Sulphur in Ras Laffan Industrial City.Sheikh Khalid Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Chief Executive Officer of Qatargas said: “Celebration of the 5000th cargo is in fact, a celebration of the synergy between companies operating from Ras Laffan Industrial City. Ras Laffan Terminal Operations is a vital part of the supply chain for every producer in Ras Laffan Industrial City.This achievement would not have been possible without their cooperation and support. For Qatargas, this is a significant achievement, demonstrating our operational excellence and commitment to providing a high level of service to all our customers and stakeholders.”RLTO was launched in 2006 to set up a Single Operator in Ras Laffan for all liquid petroleum products storage and loading. It was established around a concept of sharing; shared storage to reduce the overall investment in tanks, and shared access to berths to reduce the overall investment required in both capital and operational costs for the port expansion. RLTO loaded its first Cargo in January 2007. Print  Close Press Releaselast_img read more


UN refugee agency African host countries agree on final steps on Rwandan

This ministerial meeting, hosted by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva, marks the last phase of a comprehensive solutions strategy for Rwandan refugees who fled their country between 1959 and 1998 to escape inter-ethnic violence and armed conflict, the agency said. “In a world where there are more than 21 million refugees, the focus should not just be on providing protection and humanitarian assistance, but on proactively identifying solutions. The meeting today constitutes a crucial step in providing solutions to the many Rwandans who sought refuge between 1959 and 1998, and in bringing one of Africa’s most protracted refugee situations to a close,” said Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. The participants, who hailed from Rwanda as well as the major refugee host countries – Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Malawi, the Republic of Congo, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe – reaffirmed their commitment to bring the strategy, launched in October 2009, to its conclusion by the end of next year. Highlighting the progress made since the last ministerial meeting on the Rwanda refugee situation, the governments reiterated their willingness to provide an alternative legal status to those refugees choosing to locally integrate and encouraged them to avail themselves of the opportunity. All States confirmed that they will continue to promote the option of voluntary repatriation to Rwanda in safety and dignity, including by providing the refugees with comprehensive information on the conditions of return. At the same time, UNHCR agreed to provide an enhanced return package, and to progressively transition from in-kind support to a more cash-based form of assistance to ensure their sustainable reintegration. The countries that have invoked the cessation clause reassured that any refugee whose refugee status is maintained after an exemption process will continue to receive international protection and be supported. The genocide in 1994, followed by armed clashes in the north-west of the country in 1997 and 1998, caused more than 3.5 million Rwandans to flee in search of safety. All but 268,500 of the refugees have found a solution, UNHCR said. At the meeting today, UNHCR’s Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, Volker Türk, underlined that the agency stands ready to continue working with the States hosting Rwandan refugees to find solutions in accordance with the strategy and within the set timeline of December 2017. read more


Drivers warned of criminals using Tasers after spate of attempted carjackings where

first_imgStun guns and Tasers are illegal in the UK and anyone caught with one of the devices faces imprisonment for possession of a prohibited weapon. The maximum sentence is 10 years. Despite this, figures released at the end of 2015 showed police forces across the country had seized and destroyed hundreds of them that year.It is thought criminals often buy stun guns or Tasers on the “dark web” and have them delivered from overseas.Experts have also previously warned about the devices being disguised as mundane items, such as phones or lipstick.An investigation last year revealed that weapons, including a stun gun disguised as a handheld torch, were readily available online. In a separate case, a report claimed a lipstick-style stun gun could be bought for just £20.A spokesman for the Home Office said: “Our firearms controls are among the toughest in the world and Border Force works closely with the police and National Crime Agency to prevent the illegal importations into the UK.“Anyone caught trying to smuggle these devices into the country will have them confiscated and could face prosecution.” Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily  Front Page newsletter and new  audio briefings. Drivers have been warned of criminals using Tasers after a spate of attempted carjackings where suspects disabled their victims using the weapons.West Midlands Police urged motorists to stay vigilant as they stepped up patrols following a number of “Taser robberies”.In one shocking incident, a female runner was left with burns after she was attacked by three men in the affluent Kings Heath area of Birmingham. On Sunday night, two alerts were put out on behalf of West Midlands Police confirming that extra patrols were being conducted in the Moseley, Kings Heath and Springfield areas of the city to “combat recent Taser robberies”.The first urged motorists to stay alert, adding: “When in your vehicle ensure door locks are on and be aware of your surroundings when entering and exiting your vehicle.”The second, issued an hour later, confirmed there had been “several crimes” in the area involving suspects using a Taser. “Attempts to target lone females and rob them of their cars are amongst the crimes being investigated,” it said.last_img read more